Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Customer Service Specialist, Pleasanton
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world. We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience. Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides.
We are dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the Role:
Customer Service Specialists interfaces with and supports internal and external customers and distributors managing order entry and fulfillment. Builds strong relationships with customers and serves as a liaison between customers and cross-functional groups across the company. Contributes to the company’s ability to meet sales goals and revenue targets.
What you will be doing:
- Standard sales order creation and maintenance - Interprets requirements of purchase order details, quotes, and sales or customer inputs to create and maintain stock sales orders in ERP system in accordance with contract guidelines and 10X policies and procedures.
- Content expert on ERP and CRM teams to enable quote to invoice, opportunity management, and complaint management.
- Creates and manages products returns, credit and debit memos in ERP system and updates CRM. Coordinates with logistics and field team for pickup or RMA of instruments and provides information/updates to customers and internal teams as needed.
- Create and manage service requests to field teams in CRM and service contracts in ERP system pursuant to purchase order details, quote and sales or service management input.
- Handles product and order inquiries via phone and email with internal and external customers to provide direction or solution.
- Monitors Back Orders and manages updates in system and communication updates to customers and internal staff on a regular basis.
- Validate accuracy of sales orders. Provide guidance to resolve errors or escalate to Senior Staff or Manager for resolution of errors.
- Collaborates with internal and regional teams drive on time fulfillment of orders and resolutions of issues to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Reads/Analyze Reports in support of order fulfillment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 5+ years of customer support experience.
- Knowledge of ERP and SFDC business systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, very detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Nice to have skills & background:
- B.S. in life science, chemistry or business preferred.
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.