Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Image Informatics Engineer
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join our Computational Biology group. You will work closely with talented biochemists, microfluidics engineers, chemists and software engineers to develop single-cell and spatial genomic assays. Our products have allowed researchers to study biology at unprecedented resolution yielding insights in diverse fields such as cancer biology, immunology, neuroscience, developmental and basic biology.
You will develop and engineer methods to manage and visualize large imaging datasets. You have a strong background in image analysis, statistics and algorithms. You are deeply knowledgeable about microscope image data and formats. You are a good programmer who can take an idea and quickly implement it in code. You are able to communicate your ideas and work effectively with an interdisciplinary team and incorporate their feedback into your analysis. You are a strategic thinker, highly motivated, action driven and flexible in changing direction and methods. You thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, communicate clearly and get the job done.
What you will be doing:
- Quickly build, prototype and test microscope image processing pipelines for novel high throughput spatial genomic assays, with appropriate level of engineering
- Implementing core algorithms and infrastructure for efficiently converting images into standardized formats, compressed storage, and multi-threaded retrieval of image data using existing implementations and new ideas
- Benchmark performance and optimize image processing pipelines
- Build tools to visualize and interpret raw data and algorithmic outputs and ultimately put these into biological context.
To be successful in this role, You will need:
- Strong background in numerical analysis, image and signal processing and an interest in biology
- Strong programming ability in python and compiled language such as Rust, C++, etc with experience in using image processing and computer vision libraries
- Ability to research and combine latest implementations, libraries and packages with original ideas and turn into well architected code
- Ability to be independent and relied on for their expert technical opinion
- Experience in multithreaded programming on SIMD architectures/GPUs, with strong systems understanding
- Experience in rendering data to html or a front-end for visualizing images with support for various levels of interactions
Additional desirable skills to have:
- Creative problem solver who obsesses over extracting maximum performance from code
- A combination of mathematical depth with a healthy respect for the imperfections inherent in real-world data
- Strong interest in applying analytical tools to solve important and interesting biological problems
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1,000 scientific publications in the past five years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.