Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Product Marketing Manager, Immunology
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world. We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience. Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides.
We are dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager to lead the global downstream commercial efforts of our immunology product portfolio. This position will report to the Director of Product Management and will be responsible for leading the execution of product marketing activities, ensuring the immunology profiling, antigen specificity and immunology-related solutions are positioned, placed, promoted and specified correctly. This role will require interfacing with multiple product managers within the overall product portfolio, marketing segment and program management, marketing communications, and sales and distribution teams. They will be responsible for driving the go-to-market and sustaining marketing efforts by understanding the various market segments and positioning amongst the entire portfolio. This role will need to consider numerous factors such as intended market segments and research areas, customer personas, competitive products, and how well the product fits with the company's business model and strategic goals.
What you will be doing:
- Drive a high level of interaction and engagement between other departments (e.g., Global Marketing, Sales, Technical Support and R&D) to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals
- Responsible for competitive positioning and messaging to achieve market share objectives within relevant profitability bounds for 10x Genomics’ portfolio
- Implements and maintains "best practices" in brand marketing and product marketing
- Works in collaboration with Marketing Communications to bring new products to market, being the lead on the global go-to-market strategies
- Ensures market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored, and customer needs are identified
- Leads market development activities within specific research areas and customer segments to drive revenue and sales opportunities
- Partners closely with product management teams to gain an understanding of product features and relevance to market segments
- Interfaces with marketing communications to ensure that each research area is addressed by portfolio’s yearly roadmap
- Creates sales enablement tools, webinars, support content and other relevant content in close collaboration with product management
- Partners with Marketing Communications to develop key marketing campaign collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for their portfolio
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Advanced degree in immunology or similar discipline.
- Understand the latest technological landscape in Immunology and Immunediscovery
- Experience with biological applications and immunological techniques such as Flow cytometry, ELISA, Antibody and T cell discovery methods, microscopy etc.
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience in the Life Science industry, with at least 3 years of Product Marketing experience
- Experience project managing activities with cross-functional teams
- Must be able to build credibility and relationships across functions and levels
- Ability to highly effectively communicate with and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
Nice to have skills & background:
- Ph.D. desired
- MBA with emphasis in marketing preferred
- Market development and marketing communications experience highly desired
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.