Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Senior Engineering Technician-MSE
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Engineering Technician to join the Manufacturing Systems Engineering (MSE) team at 10x Genomics. This is a multi-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Automation Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Lifecycle Engineering. You will play an important role in supporting 10x operations by performing instrument integration and testing, equipment calibration and preventative maintenance, light mechanical assembly and troubleshooting of 10x manufacturing systems.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record in supporting equipment used for manufacturing of complex reagents. This person should have a broad understanding of mechanical systems and enjoy hands on working with great products. As a member of the MSE team, we are driven to support 10x manufacturing and deliver products to our customers to accelerate our understanding of biology.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
What you will be doing:
- Transfer of instruments from our warehouse and placement into lab testing locations
- Work within multi-disciplinary team to execute IQOQPQ of 10x instruments
- Repacking instruments as per requirements for shipping
- Document performance of instruments under test and reporting results
- Perform equipment periodic maintenance and calibration of biotech equipment in the 10x production facility
- Document equipment status and make updates to the 10x CMMS
To be successful, you will need:
- Associate degree in engineering technology and minimum of 4+ years of related experience. Bachelor degree preferred
- Hands-on experience with building and/or maintaining biotech equipment
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Light mechanical work, hand tools (wrench, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Ability to perform under pressure and adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Nice to have skills & background:
- Laboratory automation experience a plus
- Familiarity with quality management and formal product testing (e.g., verification and validation) desired
- Experience with Hamilton robotics systems highly desired
- Desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.