Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Support Automation Scientist
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world. We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience. Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides.
We are dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the Role:
As an in-house Support Scientist based at our Headquarters in Pleasanton, CA you will be at the center of innovation that builds and maintains an optimal Customer Experience. As a key member of the Support Team you will assist in the development and continuous improvement of commercial processes to ensure that 10x Customers are supported beyond their expectations.
What you will be doing:
- Work within the Contact Center to provide direct application support (product information, troubleshooting, complaint handling) to our Customers, Distributors, and Field Applications Team.
- Log, track, manage and report on Customer issues using Zendesk and Salesforce databases.
- Receive and manage Support inquiries through omni-channel support platform
- Work within the Escalation Process to get solutions from partners in R&D, Product Management, Manufacturing, Engineering as needed
- Participate in Support-related projects to develop and maintain databases, report on trends and quality
- Be the Voice of the Customer. Distill, quantify and actively represent Customer feedback to internal teams. Use your “Customer Perspective” to advocate for the User Experience.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- BA/BS with 3-5 years of experience, MS with 2 years of experience, PhD with experience in Molecular Biology or Genetics
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Skills and experience with life science tools and genomics technology
- Knowledge of sample preparation and library generation for single-cell RNA-seq or spatial RNA-seq
- Knowledge of imaging and image processing
Preference given for skills & background that include:
- Customer Support experience preferred.
- Cell culture, cell sorting, single cell PCR or RNAseq experience desirable
- Familiarity with spatial transcriptomics
- Experience with immunostaining (IHC), in situ hybridization (ISH), or histology
- Experience with provisioning or processing diverse sample types (tissue, blood, biopsies, fresh frozen, FFPE)
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Suite, Confluence, JIRA, Zendesk, Salesforce
- Willing to travel up to 10%
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 500 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.