Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic Material Handler to come in and become part of the Warehouse Group. The individual should have a great understanding on how material is received, moved, and shipped within an organization. In this role, the Material Handler will be responsible for handling and receiving of materials, delivery of products to end users, picking and packing of products, and assist the shipping dept as needed. The individual must have experience working in a warehouse environment. The individual should have experience using an ERP software (NetSuite preferred but not required). Individuals applying must work well in a team atmosphere, ability to adapt, detailed orientated, self-starter, and thrive in working in a face paced environment. The applicant will report to the Warehouse Supervisor.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure incoming packages are inspected, counted, and delivered to the end user in a timely manner
- Maintain inventory recording, labeling, and placing materials in stock based on the designated inventory locations
- Manage general lab supplies for production and R&D to ensure the supplies do not stock out
- Picking and packing of temperature sensitive and ambient goods in preparation for delivery to internal and external customer
- Process PO receipts and inventory movements forms through our ERP system.
- Assist with cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy
- Driving of company vehicles to deliver incoming packages and internal requests
- May be required to lift up to 50-70 lbs
To be successful, you will need:
- High school education or equivalent
- 2-5 years of relevant experience (Life Science preferred but not required)
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Worked with an ERP software (preferable NetSuite but it’s not required)
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office ( Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Class C License
Nice to have skills & background:
- Hazmat Certified
- Experience working in a Life Science environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.