Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Research Associate-Protein Engineering
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1,000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Research Associate to join the Protein Engineering Group. The candidate will be expected to work on a variety of protein engineering projects to optimize and generate differentiated enzymatic leads, including protein expression, purification and characterization.
What you will be doing:
• Participate in protein engineering efforts to optimize various enzymes used in 10x Genomics products.
• Protein expression of various enzymes, preferably nucleic acid modifying enzymes.
• Protein purification utilizing variety of methods (affinity, ion-exchange, hydrophobic, size-exclusion chromatography)
• Perform complex experiments with strong attention to detail and documentation.
• Accomplish goals under project team timelines.
To be successful, you will need:
• BS degree with 3-5 years of industry experience. The degree should be in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Structural biology, or similar field
• Experience and knowledge in protein expression, purification, and characterization
• Experience in generation and characterization of protein variants
• Experience using phage display, yeast display, or in vitro directed evolution
• Experience in molecular biology
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral skills
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
Additional preferred skill:
• Experience with nucleic acid modifying enzymes
About 10x Genomics:
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1,000 scientific publications in the past five years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.