Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Director of Global Quality
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
10x Genomics is seeking an outstanding Director of Global Quality Assurance. 10x continues to expand its Operational, Commercial and R&D activities globally in AMER, EMEA and APAC. This person will be responsible for the strategic development and management of the 10x's Global QA function and alignment with key business partners. There is a key requirement to work with all functional groups within 10x to guide the development and implementation of business processes that conform to the chosen quality standard.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated successful experience in establishing and administering an effective Quality Management System, including CAPA, NCR and RMA processes. Also managing specific functions within this group such as Supplier Quality, Design Quality, Process Quality, Document Control, Lean Six Sigma. Experience in leading a company through successful ISO9001 and ISO13485 certification is required.
Qualified candidates must have relevant knowledge and experience in life sciences and serviced markets. A high level of communication skills is required to ensure seamless interaction across the multifunction teams at 10x Genomics. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and driven in implementing and managing world class quality processes that align with and propel business success.
What you will be doing:
- Manage the Quality Assurance team.
- Continued development of 10x Genomics' Quality Management System.
- Set up and monitor global quality metrics for various functional groups.
- Manage the Quarterly Quality Reviews and manage subsequent actions required to ensure high quality products to our customers.
- Collaborate with the R&D Program Management team to continuously develop and implement the product development process to manage design quality.
- Continued development and management of Global QA processes required for operations, such as RMA, CAPA, discrepancy reporting, supplier quality.
- Establish regulatory requirements and manage the path to compliance as required. Be the project sponsor and lead to achieve ISO13485 certification.
- Drive efficient compliance to international standards and regulatory requirements.
- Establish processes and guidance for any product certification required, such as 510(K), UL, CE, TUV.
- Manage Document Control, and other functions, such as SPC monitoring and Lean Six Sigma.
- Active communication with all functional teams to monitor and guide compliance with chosen quality standards.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant scientific discipline - Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. Technical awareness of 10x products and process is required.
- Formal training and certification in Quality Assurance management
- Demonstrated and proven capability in setting up and managing an effective quality system.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant industrial experience in Life Sciences in a hands-on Quality Assurance capacity, demonstrating capability in all aspects of the job requirements.
- Experience in different functions of Operations or R&D is beneficial.
- Ability to manage a global quality assurance in an unbiased and consistent standard.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, organization and communication skills
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 900 scientific publications in the past five years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.