Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Product Manager, Immunology
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
Our software enables our scientists to better understand human health, such as pinpointing the differences between a cancer and normal cell and the genomic sequences the body makes in response to infection. We’ve built an ecosystem of powerful software, hardware, microfluidics, and chemistry to create products that are used by researchers around the world, including 97 of the top 100 global research institutions.
Our teams are encouraged to follow their passions and pursue new ideas in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The discoveries we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We're seeking a Product Manager, Immunology to lead and manage the delivery of our immunology-related bioinformatics products, including analysis pipelines, visualization, and other software tools. This position is ideal for someone with expertise in immunology and a passion for building well-designed products that enable scientific discovery.
About the 10x Genomics Software Product Team:
We’re a diverse group that values generalist skill sets, learning, and rational decision making. To learn more about us and what we’re working on, visit this page: https://www.10xgenomics.com/pages/product-manager/
What you will be doing:
- Product management for our on-market and upcoming immunology products, including our Single Cell Immune Profiling pipelines and software tools, multiomic analysis for our Feature Barcode products, and more.
- Develop customer/product requirements by drawing from the field, support, and internal Computational Biology teams, conducting independent research and reading publications, and evaluating trade-offs.
- Create and manage release plans, deeply understanding and managing dependencies.
- Coordinate across cross-functional teams (software engineering, computational biology, product design, and QA), leveraging strong leadership, planning, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Communicate technical problems and solutions clearly to all levels and roles across the company.
- Ensure we deliver impactful, well-supported products that customers love.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Expertise in Immunology, Biology, Genomics, or a related field (Advanced Scientific or Computer Science degree is preferred; experience with bioinformatics is preferred).
- Experience shipping software products is helpful.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, balance short term and long term trade-offs, and efficiently meet timelines; focus on execution and ability to drive work to completion.
- Ability to understand, empathize, and communicate with customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Design sense and ability to understand and empathize with customers.
- Structured and analytic thought process; experience translating data into actions.
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 2,000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered near the West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.