Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Product Manager, Software
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
Our software enables our scientists to better understand human health, such as pinpointing the differences between a cancer and normal cell and the genomic sequences the body makes in response to infection. We’ve built an ecosystem of powerful software, hardware, microfluidics, and chemistry to create products that are used by researchers around the world, including 96 of the top 100 global research institutions.
Our teams are encouraged to follow their passions and pursue new ideas in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The discoveries we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We're seeking a Product Manager (hiring at multiple levels) to guide product development and prioritization of our visualization software, Loupe, and related software products. This position is ideal for someone with scientific knowledge, technical understanding, and a passion for building well-designed products that enable scientific discovery.
As a Product Manager at 10x Genomics, you'll be able to work on complex challenges, do customer research, ruthlessly prioritize the right things to work on, and devise solutions to advance human health.
About the 10x Genomics Software Product Team:
We’re a diverse group that values generalist skill sets, learning, and rational decision making. To learn more about us and what we’re working on, visit this page: https://www.10xgenomics.com/pages/product-manager/
What you will be doing:
- Drive development of impactful features that customers love.
- Work on a day-to-day basis with engineering, design, and QA to build and launch high quality features.
- Define and write clear and concise requirements. Support the team by answering their customer-oriented questions; keeping them informed and unblocked.
- Manage timelines and communication with stakeholders.
- Maintain a well-groomed backlog.
- Take part in crafting strategy and roadmap across our software portfolio.
- Define meaningful product metrics; find and analyze the data to drive decision making on priorities.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Ability to manage competing priorities, balance short term and long term trade-offs, and efficiently meet timelines; focus on execution and ability to drive work to completion.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Expertise in bioinformatics, biology, genomics, or a related field.
- Technical sense; general understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development.
- Design sense and ability to understand and empathize with customers.
- Structured and analytic thought process; experience translating data into actions.
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 700 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.