Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
10x is looking for an outstanding Senior Scientist to join the Process Development team and take processes from concept to full implementation in a commercial manufacturing facility. The candidate will be responsible for developing high yield and robust photolithography processes required to commercialize consumables for Next Generation Sequencing chemistries. The position requires a technical understanding of process optimization of photoresist material, application, exposure, and developer conditions on semiconductor tools. Experience programming and developing processes on steppers, mask aligners, photoresist and developer track systems is also required. The candidate will work with the Chemistry, Assay Development, Engineering, and Microfluidics teams to develop these consumables. Experience in organic, polymer or nucleotide chemistry, and enzymatic processes is a plus.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
What you will be doing:
- Develop, characterize and optimize production recipes for photolithography and enzymatic based processes.
- Develop and optimize all stepper, track and lift off recipes.
- Experimentation to develop a deep understanding of the underlying reaction mechanisms and interactions, cause and effect, failure modes, guard band studies and optimization using DOE methodologies.
- Identify and optimize any compounding factors, such a temperature, environment, workflow, pressures, reagent concentrations that could impact the resulting product.
- Scale up and develop alternative production processes to meet demand as 10x Genomics continues to grow.
- Develop process QC methods to ensure processes are in control. Develop optical methods to assess surface metrology.
- Implement statistical process control tools.
- Verification that the output manufactured products meet all requirements.
To be successful, you will need:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Physics, Material Science, Electrical Engineering or related field with a minimum of 10 years post graduate industrial experience.
- Strong process development experience demonstrating control of manufacturing processes through appropriate Process Design and QC methods.
- Experience with photolithography stepper (ASML, Nikon, Canon or equivalent), photoresist and developer wafer track, and photoresist life-off systems.
- Expert in Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines.
- Ability to design meaningful experiments and in depth analysis of results. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial.
- Ability to develop, validate and transfer process to manufacturing or OEM vendors.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.