Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1500 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Engineer-Photolithography to join our Consumable Products Development (CPD) Group at 10x Genomics. This is a key position for the commercialization of consumable products associated with Next Generation Sequencing chemistries. As part of the Manufacturing Systems Engineering group, the candidate will be responsible for sourcing, commissioning and implementing photolithographic equipment solutions to enable 10x manufacturing of complex consumables. This is a position that will work closely with Process Development, QC, Manufacturing, and R&D to assure that 10x implements world class solutions for new consumables.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record in developing high yield and robust photolithography solutions in the semiconductor, MEMS and/or biotechnology field. This person should have hands-on experience commissioning semiconductor tools: steppers, mask aligners, photoresist and developer track systems, as well as integration with automation and MES systems. The candidate should have experience with optimizing equipment processes with respect to photoresist application, exposure and developer conditions.
What you will be doing:
- Install and qualify I-line photolithography tools, including, ASML and/or Canon steppers, photoresist/developer track, and photoresist stripping systems
- Be a resident expert in photolithography processes at 10x providing guidance on process and equipment optimization and best known methods for operations and maintenance
- Maintain all photolithography equipment including PM service scheduling with equipment vendors
- Troubleshoot photolithography equipment process control issues
- Perform failure analysis on photolithography equipment processes issues and drive to root cause and corrective actions
- Develop strategies and processes to maximize photolithography line equipment throughput and uptime
- Improve equipment robustness with solutions for equipment related yield issues
- Develop and optimize all stepper, track, and lift off recipes
- Work with foundry partners to scale supply of high quality consumables
- Work closely with R&D and Process Engineers to meet all 10x product requirements
- Work with MES systems integration
- Assist with integration of internally developed systems and QC methods
- Provide expertise and training to process technicians and operators
To be successful, you will need:
- B.S., M.S PHD in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related field with a minimum of 10 years post-graduate, industrial experience
- Experience with commissioning and qualifying Photolithography systems – specifically steppers, photoresist and developer wafer tracks, and photoresist lift-off systems
- Experience with metrology instrumentation – Microscope, SEM, Optical profilometry
- Hands on experience with photolithography equipment maintenance and process troubleshooting
- Experience with photoresist process optimization
- Hands-on experience with overlay and CDSEM metrology
- Experience working with MES systems
- Ability to work collaboratively with coworkers from engineering, chemistry, and biology backgrounds
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines)
- Desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
Nice to have skills & background:
- Statistical Analysis and Process Control Methods – JMP or minitab
- Experience with photolithography stepper ASML and Canon systems
- Experience SECS/GEM communication protocol
Experience with setting up and running Design of Experiments ( DOE)
Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.