Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Computational Biologist - Image Analysis Engineer
Computational Biologist – Image Analysis Engineer
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future.
About the role:
10x is looking for an image processing expert to join its Computational Biology group. This person will create imaging methods to power our next generation of droplet-based and spatially-arrayed genomics products. They will work closely with our microfluidics, assay-development and software teams to create robust and high-performance production software.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
What you will be doing:
- Select, test, implement and optimize image processing methods to extract relevant signals from imaging data
- Build analytical models or simulations to understand and communicate key trade-offs of imaging system design and data quality.
- Rapidly prototype methods for internal experiments & early R&D
- Create high-quality, robust implementations of production algorithms.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- PhD or MS plus equivalent experience in quantitative field (e.g. bioengineering, computer science, electrical engineering, physics, computational/systems biology or related field)
- Image processing: segmentation, object detection & classification, feature extraction
- General purpose machine learning skills: classification, fitting & regression, optimization methods
- Ability to quickly develop custom analysis methods and algorithms and apply them to large data sets
Also, we’d like to see:
- Expert level experience in relevant tooling, e.g.: MATLAB, Python, OpenCV, C++, etc.
- Experience with cell, fluorescence, and/or histology imaging is a plus.
- Real-time image processing experience is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.