Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Facilities Project Manager
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Facilities Project Manager
- An action-oriented leader who successfully delivers projects on time in a collaborative environment*
About the Role
We are looking for an energetic, self-starter, hands-on Facilities Project Manager for 10x’s Pleasanton headquarters. The successful candidate will be experienced in facilities project management, with a focus on building systems and support of bio-tech R&D Bio Safety Level labs and manufacturing facilities with clean rooms. The successful candidate will be able to support the design, coordination of project teams, meetings, tracking of project tasks, and communication for small capital projects. This position reports to the Facilities Manager and is based in Pleasanton, CA.
What you will be doing:
- Plan and provide project management for facilities projects up to $100,000 in value as directed by Facilities Manager
- Engage with end users to determine project requirements
- Effectively communicate project and related steps to stakeholders, end users, Facilities team members and all others involved (e.g. property management)
- Develop templates and standards for future phases/projects
- Manage a selection of architects, consultants, engineers, trades, to undertake various projects
- Manage project documents, ensuring an organized system
- Manage project costs, schedule, contracts, proposals, purchase orders, change orders, certificates of insurance; closely tracking over-all costs and schedules
- Troubleshoot, and resolve critical issues that arise on the project
- Monitor and escort sub-contractors in performance of work
- Coordinate activities of Facilities Technicians in work related to projects
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Read, interpret, and manage changes to interior improvement drawing packages
- Willingness to spend a large percentage of time in the field and to dive into details as needed to complete objectives to find the correct information
To be successful, you will need:
- Minimum five (5) year’s experience managing design and construction activities
- Bachelor’s degree required, technical field (e.g. engineering) preferred
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems such as HVAC, gas, CDA, water purifiers and humidifiers
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels
- Collaborative approach with the team members and suppliers
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests, work in a fast-paced environment, and be responsive to employee requests/service issues
- To think “outside the box” and bring creative, non-standard, and innovative solutions to the table
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to manipulate data and draw business conclusions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite, including scheduling tools
- Proficient AutoCAD experience
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 500 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.