Next-generation active learning platform for college STEM courses
Tech Lead- React Native$130k – $170k • 0.0% – 1.0%
The traditional college model of learning hasn’t fundamentally changed in centuries. We’ve seen technology touch every aspect of our lives and yet today’s students are still handed static textbooks and passively listen to professors lecture as they did in the middle ages.
101edu is transforming higher education with our active learning platform for STEM courses. We focus on elegant, discipline-specific interactive assessment tools that triumph over traditional and generic multiple choice systems (and we’ve got the data to back it up!). Our first product for college chemistry, Chem101, has been quickly adopted at over 350 higher ed institutions and we’re just getting started. Check out some of our innovative tools here: www.101edu.co.
We’re a VC backed team of scientists, engineers, and educators who are redefining the way students learn and interact with their subject-matter. Own the frontend codebase and work directly with our CTO as we build new products for multiple STEM subjects. You’ll be scaling our flagship mobile and web apps as we grow to millions of learners. Join us in the heart of NYC and change the college STEM learning experience forever!
• Providing technical vision and leadership to a team of 5 engineers (and growing)
• Architecting new features and refactors
• Implementing processes to increase team efficiency
• Ensuring work is performed to a high degree of quality
• Delegating technical tasks and aligning technical direction
• Mentoring engineers
• Single codebase React Native app for three platforms: iOS, Android, and web (via React-Native-Web).
• Spring backend using MongoDB as our primary database
• Mission driven: you know the traditional college lecture is broken and you want to do something about it
• Enjoy writing custom user interfaces with unique, never before seen interactions
• At least 4 years of professional software engineering experience
• At least 2 years of professional experience working with React Native
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented design patterns
• Strong algorithms and data structures background
• Strong work ethic - we’re here to change education and get the job done
Good to Haves:
• Background in a STEM field
• Native iOS or Android development experience
• Experience with Java
• Experience working in a cross-functional environment
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with MongoDB