We are seeking a Construction Manager to manage and oversee the construction operations of our retreats. This individual will be providing technical direction and support to ensure compliance as it relates to the scope of our retreat design and builds, coordination and installation. This person will work with the broader Collective Retreats team to grow our valued brand and will report to our Construction & Logistics Manager.
The ideal candidate is experienced in engineering/architecture design and/or construction management. This person is also highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, willing to get their hands dirty and passionate about travel and what we’re building.
- Source, secure, coordinate and direct all construction work and subcontractors; draft and negotiate contract agreements
- Own scheduling and planning of all assigned retreat construction activities
- Prepare cost and time estimates to arrive at project budgets; own all budgets and deadlines related to build for all assigned retreat locations throughout all phases of construction
- Resolve conflicts between design plans and onsite conditions
- Ensure all safety & environmental codes, permitted uses, standards, and proper construction techniques are adhered to at all times
- Open retreats safely, on time and on budget for all assigned retreat locations
- Manage any ongoing expansion, maintenance and/or improvement work related to construction for all assigned retreat locations
- Lead in any logistics needs in transporting retreat capex across properties, as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4-7 years previous experience in the engineering/architecture field, applied science or construction management. Hospitality experience is a plus
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Experience with engineering design software such as AutoCAD is preferable
- Must have experience with budgets, Excel, invoicing and other financial tools related to budgeting
- Willing to do “the heavy lifting” and handiwork as needed (minor repair and maintenance)
- Past experience in a new business or startup highly desired. Strong interest in building a company (including new processes and systems) from the ground up. Comfortable managing through ambiguity and working with limited information
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with a proven ability to multi-task across multiple complex projects
- Must have a passion for what we are building and the guest experience. This position is critical in delivering against our customer promise
- Approachable, presentable and professional
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Travel is mandatory. Must be willing to travel a minimum of 50% of the time
- Strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile to build the perfect locations for our guests in an adventurous outdoor setting
- Hard worker with a positive, can-do attitude. Flexible and willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university
- Prior experience in construction management, engineering, architecture, and/or hotel management is required
Compensation & Perks:
We offer a competitive compensation package, with the unique opportunity to earn option grants over time, as well as health benefits
Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations, as well as free and discounted nights
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful way to travel. We handpick the most incredible locations and bring them to life through luxury accommodations that reflect the spirit of the surroundings, mind-blowing dining, and personalized service that guides, educates, and delights. At the center is our belief that where you stay is as important as where you go.
Extraordinary destinations: We handpick the most incredible locations and curate the best aspects of them for you.
Inspired accommodations: Each retreat features luxury lodgings that feel indigenous to the surroundings.
Exceptional dining: World-class chefs interpret local ingredients and culture in innovative, delicious ways.
Aspen hospitality: Our service is rooted in Old World hospitality but brings modern style and stewardship.
Connection: Connect to a place, yourself, experiences, and others.
Investment in the future: Commitment to ensuring that these destinations will remain unspoiled for generations to come.