ClearMetal is a predictive logistics company that uses AI to enable supply chain transformation. The ClearMetal Platform solves the core data challenge that has long plagued retailers, manufacturers, and 3PLs. Its cloud-based software application leverages a fundamentally different approach and proprietary machine-learning technology to deliver true end-to-end supply chain visibility and inventory optimization. ClearMetal is based in San Francisco and funded by Prelude Ventures, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, NEA, PSA Unboxed, DCLI, SAP.iO, and the founders of GT Nexus and Navis.
For this role, you should be ready to work on all aspects of ClearMetal’s backend. This includes everything from building and designing the infrastructure behind our API to ingesting and storing new sources of shipment data critical to the end user. You will play a key part in making design decisions and discussing technical tradeoffs. You will be a part of a fast paced environment that prioritizes value to the end user above all.
We are a small engineering team, so you should be ready to wear many hats and to learn new technologies. Your contributions will have a huge impact on our product and on our company.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years as a backend engineer
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining HTTP APIs
- Experience with web servers and application server frameworks (Nginx, Flask, Apache, Django, etc.)
- Familiar with software development best practices like testing, code reviews, build processes, and source control.
Nice to have:
- Experience in supporting and building machine-learning backends / architectures
- Experience with microservices and event-based architectures (i.e. Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS)
- Experience with Python, Docker, and AWS (EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, IAM, etc.)
- Eager to learn new technologies and to hone your business knowledge
Global trade is extremely important and we believe AI will make it truly intelligent, efficient, and sustainable. This is why we are building the AI operating system for global trade.
Founded out of Stanford by top data scientists and funded by Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, Prelude Ventures, and NEA, ClearMetal is a predictive logistics company. We help retailers and manufacturers drive efficiency in their supply chain by making sense of freight data and enabling companies to manage the production, inventory, and transportation of their goods around the world-- all through our machine-learning SaaS technology.
Located in downtown San Francisco, our company is comprised of top talent from Silicon Valley and the Supply Chain Industry. If you like fast-paced, innovative, and fun teams who are using cutting edge technology to disrupt large industries, join us.
Learn more at www.ClearMetal.com