Citrine Informatics is the operating system for advanced materials and chemicals. Our data driven platform brings together the world’s materials data and creates a corporate asset from your internal data. The result is that our Global 1000 customers hit their development, product design, and manufacturing targets 2-5 times faster, creating billions of dollars in market advantage.
Citrine Informatics is looking for an experience software engineering manager to help us scale our team. You will collaborate with amazing engineers and scientists on user-facing product features that help our customers achieve incredible research breakthroughs.
Citrine is the leader in materials informatics, and is fundamentally changing the way materials data is managed and how materials are developed. These materials will enable the next generation of products that make up the world around us like cars, phones and solar panels.
The current materials industry challenge is speed. New chemicals, alloys, polymers and other materials are developed too slowly for the ever-increasing demand for complex products. The future of how to speed-up the materials development cycle for manufacturing is data. Citrine Informatics is building a next-generation platform for materials data from the ground up, and it harnesses the power of AI to bring new materials to market faster, and capture materials-enabled product value.
Though our technology was originally built by materials scientists, our team now consists of professionals trained in diverse set of fields, including data science, physics, biology, and computer science. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and Pittsburgh, and our customers include Fortune 1000 materials and product companies.
*Projects your team will work on*
- A system for sharing and managing materials data across an enterprise’s researchers, with the goal of fostering collaboration between scientists, reducing experimental waste, and aiding in the management of R&D projects.
- Complex analysis & visualizations that allow our users to gain deeper insights into their data.
- The next-generation web platform for empowering scientists with Citrine’s AI, guiding experimental design to accelerate discovery and lead to research breakthroughs.
*What you’ll do*
- Lead a team of software engineers building Citrine’s enterprise materials science platform
- Direct the career development and technical growth of the team through mentorship and coaching in software engineering best practices, design, and system architecture
- Optimize productivity by guiding the team through our agile process, running effective meetings, and carefully planning resources
- Recruit effective engineers who are passionate about Citrine’s vision
- You’ll have several years of experience in an individual contributor software engineering role
- You’ll have several years of experience managing engineers
- Experiencing managing remote and local engineers on the same team
- Experiencing managing engineers from a diverse set of disciplines & backgrounds
- A background in a physical science
Working at Citrine offers the rare opportunity to collaborate with applied scientists at the leading edge of statistical learning theory and application. Here are a few representative peer-reviewed publications describing research done at Citrine in support of the platform’s AI capabilities:
Overcoming data scarcity with transfer learning. Hutchinson, M., Antono, E., Gibbons, B. et al.. (2017). at https://arxiv.org/abs/1711.05099
High-Dimensional Materials and Process Optimization Using Data-Driven Experimental Design with Well-Calibrated Uncertainty Estimates. Ling, J., Hutchinson, M., Antono, E. et al. (2017). at https://doi.org/10.1007/s40192-017-0098-z
This posting is open to those with existing legal right to work in the United States. Citrine Informatics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Citrine Informatics is the data platform for the physical world. Our platform ingests and analyzes vast quantities of technical data on materials, chemicals, and devices to streamline R&D, manufacturing, and supply chain operations for any organization that produces a physical product. Our users are scientists and engineers at large manufacturing and materials companies, as well as researchers at universities and government labs, and our platform is an essential workflow tool that enables these users to analyze tremendous quantities of technical data.