Citrine Informatics is the operating system for advanced materials and chemicals. Our data driven platform brings together the world’s materials data and creates a corporate asset from your internal data. The result is that our Global 1000 customers hit their development, product design, and manufacturing targets 2-5 times faster, creating billions of dollars in market advantage.
Citrine Informatics is excited to invite you to apply to join our team as an infrastructure engineer! You will collaborate with amazing engineers and scientists on user-facing product features that help our customers achieve incredible research breakthroughs.
Though our technology was originally built by materials scientists, our team now consists of professionals trained in diverse set of fields, including data science, physics, biology, and computer science. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and Pittsburgh, and our customers include Fortune 1000 materials and product companies.
*Projects we're working on*
- The next-generation interface for empowering scientists with Citrine’s AI, guiding experimental design to accelerate discovery and lead to research breakthroughs.
- A system for sharing and managing materials data across an enterprise’s researchers, with the goal of fostering collaboration between scientists, reducing experimental waste, and aiding in the management of R&D projects.
- Complex analysis & visualizations that allow our users to gain deeper insights into their data.
*What you’ll do*
- Build infrastructure to facilitate service delivery, ensure strict data security and confidentiality, and aid the delivery and operation of high-performance web services.
- Develop tools that help developers deploy and support platform services in production
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, frequently reviewing code and discussing architecture
- Help developers test & analyze the impact and performance of the platform
- Java, Clojure(Script), Scala
- Ruby on Rails / React.js
- AWS compute services, CloudFormations
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical field of study, or equivalent industry experience
- 2 years of experience writing production web software in a team environment
- 1 year of remote engineering experience, if remote
- Excellent Linux fundamentals
- Production experience with automation tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Production experience with Amazon Web Services
Working at Citrine offers the rare opportunity to collaborate with applied scientists at the leading edge of statistical learning theory and application. Here are a few representative peer-reviewed publications describing research done at Citrine in support of the platform’s AI capabilities:
Hutchinson, M., Antono, E., Gibbons, B. et al. Overcoming data scarcity with transfer learning. (2017). at https://arxiv.org/abs/1711.05099
Ling, J., Hutchinson, M., Antono, E. et al. Integr Mater Manuf Innov. High-Dimensional Materials and Process Optimization Using Data-Driven Experimental Design with Well-Calibrated Uncertainty Estimates. (2017). at https://doi.org/10.1007/s40192-017-0098-z
This posting is open to those with existing legal right to work in the United States. Citrine Informatics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Citrine Informatics is the data platform for the physical world. Our platform ingests and analyzes vast quantities of technical data on materials, chemicals, and devices to streamline R&D, manufacturing, and supply chain operations for any organization that produces a physical product. Our users are scientists and engineers at large manufacturing and materials companies, as well as researchers at universities and government labs, and our platform is an essential workflow tool that enables these users to analyze tremendous quantities of technical data.