- Implement a broad set of innovative features to help publishers generate new revenue streams from high-quality content; features include order management systems, dynamic forms, real-time collaboration, and more
- Develop and contribute to open-source PureScript libraries like [purescript-halogen-select](https://github.com/citizennet/purescript-halogen-select) and [purescript-ocelot](https://github.com/citizennet/purescript-ocelot)
- Help finish migrating a mid-size campaign management application from Angular to PureScript (all new development in PureScript)
- Work closely with product and design teams to evaluate and architect new features
- Pair-program and perform code reviews to help maintain a high bar for engineering work
- Collaborate with engineering teams throughout CitizenNet and Condé Nast, and across an array of technology stacks
- At least 1 year of Haskell or PureScript experience, or 3 years of frontend experience using functional concepts to build and test large-scale and complex SPAs
- Knowledge of functional programming concepts, i.e. immutability, pure functions, type safety
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Experience with RESTful API usage
- Strong desire to always be learning and growing as a developer
- Pride in your work and your role in delivering great software
- Ability to lead/contribute/listen to others on team
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work from our Los Angeles office - no remote at the moment
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Proficient with functional programming languages, e.g. Haskell or PureScript
- Experience using the Halogen framework to develop apps and familiarity with its query algebra and component lifecycle
- Comfortable using Unix/Linux Environments
- Familiarity with deployment and continuous integration tools
- Writes tests when the type system alone isn't enough to ensure correctness
- Experience developing complex UI applications for the browser, and with various frontend build tools and stacks
CitizenNet is at the intersection of big data, data visualization, and marketing. Using the latest patented technologies, we have grown to be the leading social advertising platform in entertainment. With a database of nearly 800 million users, our prediction algorithms can match what marketers can do, but at a much larger scale. We have a stellar A+ dev team (ex Google, Schematic, and Fox), and are looking for top product-minded developers to lead the way. CitizenNet is now part of Condé Nast’s Spire data team, leveraging in unison both social and one of the world’s largest content networks.
About Condé Nast:
Condé Nast is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world's most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company’s portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Epicurious, Wired, W, Golf Digest, Golf World, Teen Vogue, Ars Technica, The Scene, Pitchfork and Backchannel. The company’s newest division, Condé Nast Entertainment, was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
Over the past twenty years, Condé Nast has reached record profits, tripling its topline growth and exponentially expanding its content distribution. During the same period, the company earned more editorial, design, digital, advertising, video and business awards than any competitor in the industry. In 2014, the corporation was recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in the digital video business and was one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Most In-Demand Employers. The company has recently relocated to its new global headquarters at 1 World Trade Center, where it plays a leading role in the resurgence of Lower Manhattan.
Marketers inevitably run into what we like to call, “The Marketer’s Block.” This occurs when ad performance drops and strategies and targeting which once worked no longer do. This decay in performance or inability to scale are unavoidable realities that many marketers face.
CitizenNet solves this common dilemma with multiple, patented Prediction Tools, which automatically aid marketers in finding the right audience at scale.