Chartbeat, the content intelligence platform for publishers, believes that today’s content creators need mission-critical insights— in real time and across desktop, social and mobile platforms—to turn visitors into audience. That’s why our software goes beyond clicks and pageviews so content creators can understand what, within their content, is keeping people engaged. Partnering with over 60,000 media brands across 60+ countries, Chartbeat’s software and front-line tools help the world’s leading media companies understand, measure, and monetize the attention earned by their content.
About Product Design at Chartbeat
The Product Design team contributes to the Chartbeat mission by designing tools that make our data understandable to our customers, and which are well integrated into their workflows. We work closely with customer-facing teams to understand our customers’ goals and pain-points, and work with the Product, Engineering and Data Science teams to conceptualize and bring ideas to life.
Senior Product Designer Responsibilities:
• Lead all aspects of Product Design on a dedicated team, including research, UX, IXD, and Visual/UI Design
• Collaborate with Product Managers to propose and test products and features that meet customer needs and are aligned with business strategy
• Work closely with engineers to execute features, down to the pixel
• Synthesize user research and disseminate knowledge across teams
• Contribute to the Product Design team by attending design critiques, contributing to the pattern library, and proposing new tools and processes
• Help instill a design culture in the company as a whole — we want everyone to value and understand the role of design
Minimum Experiences Candidates Should have:
• 4+ years in a Product Design, UX or related role
• Ability to launch a software product or feature from start to finish
• Experience with, and a passion for, creating highly polished UIs
• Proven experience designing web-based tools and communicating effectively with engineers
• Experience working with and contributing to a design system/pattern library
• Experience conducting user research and analyzing product usage data
• Ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team
Exceptional Candidates will have:
• Prior experience working with data and data visualization
• Experience working on enterprise products and/or mobile products
• Experience leading a design system/pattern library
• Experience with accessibility
In an important time for truth in journalism — and in a world where readers find content in distributed ways — Chartbeat enables media organizations to understand and harness genuine audience engagement. As the analytics partner for more than 50,000 leading media sites around the globe, Chartbeat tracks what people are reading on a second-by-second, pixel-by-pixel basis on each site, article and page. Our content intelligence tools and quality metrics go beyond clicks and pageviews so you can understand reader engagement — the amount of time users spend actually reading content. This helps you value your best stories and ensure they thrive across platforms and devices.