* Practiced extreme ownership, collaborating with client, product manager, and designer to analyze core pain, find best solutions,...more and prioritize timeline * Inherited a complex Ruby-off-Rails & React+Redux codebase and led team in making it more comprehensible and flexible * Worked in fully remote and mostly asynchronous team environment * Wrangled a smelly old Rails codebase into a customer-delighting, ahead-of-schedule-shipping product
* Created curriculum and taught class, publishing class contents freely for others to use (http://commandline.guide, http://chadoh.github.io/badhax) * Led a team of beginner...more developers through revitalizing an open source project * Mentored 1-on-1 a beginner developer * Answered technical questions as a teaching assistant
* Split a monolithic Rails app into a Service Oriented Architecture * Implemented inter-app communication using RESTful APIs and a Redis- and Sidekiq-backed pubsub architecture *...more Updated main app through major Ruby and Rails versions without halting new feature development * Resolved MySQL issues * Explored and championed Ansible to manage servers * Architected and built integration with Google Calendar and a billing service * Built complex front-end using the React.js
Half man, half amazing. He's always eager to learn something new, and then teach others. He understands a company's vision, and stays focused on the critical path. Very collaborative, remote included....more He's designer-friendly too! I love teaming up with Chad, sitting down together, and making beautiful, hand-crafted software. Jody Ferry
* Part of a small agile team delivering an enterprise-scale Rails app to help manage inventory * Main administrator for two Java apps running on Unix * Designed and...more maintained versioned API in Rails with teammates * Helped upgrade Rails through two major versions * Practiced test-driven development and paired programming * Collaborated with teammates using git and asynchronous communication platforms * Planned and developed side apps using smaller Ruby frameworks
Founder, UX Designer, Developer, Social Media Marketer, Interviewer, Animator, Videographer, Producer, Everythinger · A blog/YouTube series featuring… · More interviews with people who believe firmly in some version of God, asking them to describe the God they believe in and why they believe.
* Working with a designer for brand identity * Building and maintaining the website * Contacting interviewees & conducting interviews * Editing interviews into something people might want to listen to * Illustrating and making videos out of the interviews * Social media marketing
Half man, half amazing. He's always eager to learn something new, and then teach others. He understands a company's vision, and stays focused on the critical path. Very collaborative, remote included. He's designer-friendly too! I love teaming up with Chad, sitting down together, and making beautiful, hand-crafted software.