Help us turn a great product into a perfect one..
CB Insights is a seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who can design and implement automated systems that test our products in every conceivable way. Our software under test includes our web app, our back end API, numerous scripts, and even a Chrome extension. The Software Engineer in Test will work closely with software developers and product managers to devise tests from the unit level through end-to-end tests.
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team during feature development
- Write tests at the unit and integration level
- Participate in code reviews
- Work with engineers and product managers to create, implement, and improve QA procedures
- Provide clear bug and issue descriptions and assist in escalations as needed
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong programming skills obtained through a Technical/Science Degree or related experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle QA tasks independently
- Ability to confidently tell a developer something isn't working properly even when they insist that it is
- A desire to constantly improve things ;-)
- An analytical, detail-oriented mind, as well as strong verbal / written skills
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams; even better if you know JIRA
- Familiarity and/or a desire to learn various languages:
- Python (2 and 3. We use pytest for tests)
- PHP (We’re moving off of PHP!)
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
-4H's: Happy, Helpful, Humble and Hungry
CB Insights values diversity, different perspectives, collaboration, and curiosity.
Perks and Benefits:
Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
401K with up to 4% match
$1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
Daily lunch stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
CB Insights is a National Science Foundation-backed company that provides VCs, corporate strategy groups, M&A groups and investment bankers with data-driven intelligence on emerging companies and disruptive technology trends.
Our data can be consumed via browser, API, Excel plugin or custom data feed. Check out our <a href="">Customer Love</a> page http://www.cbinsights.com/customer-love to see how Cisco, RRE Ventures, SAP Ventures and Greycroft user our data.
CB Insights is proudly based in NYC. We're currently hiring Front-End Developers, Full Stack Developers, QA Engineers and Inside Sales Associates: http://www.cbinsights.com/jobs.