How can we account for the fact that, in USA, the most well-off country in the history of the world, there are over 100 million people with chronic diseases?
How is it that, despite all of our money, education and technology, the number of folks with chronic diseases is increasing at the fastest pace ever, anywhere?
While we spend like mad on healthcare, we all know medicine just treats the symptom, not the underlying cause. What is the cause?
The cause is found in a friendly-enough looking product 40 million of us eat for breakfast. A product with more than three days worth of sugar in a single sitting, more than a bag of candy.
If you thought “cereal”, you’re correct. Cocoa Puffs. Frosted Flakes. Froot Loops.
So let’s just tell everyone to eat something healthy for breakfast like a fancy kale quinoa breakfast bowl from Whole Foods - easy fix right?
Not quite. Cocoa Puffs is devastatingly delicious. And it is very affordable - just a couple bucks a box. The hundreds of millions of Americans who don’t live in rich, coastal bubbles aren’t about to spend $10 on a bowl of kale.
Even though sugar is poised to become the new tobacco, until someone makes a product which tastes exactly like Cocoa Puffs, and costs the same, but is also healthy, we know most folks won’t actually make the switch.
So is such a product even possible? It is and we’ve made it. Come join us.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a unique opportunity to drive growth at a rocket ship startup which is working at the cutting edge of food science to make healthy eating radically more fun and affordable.
Our first product, Catalina Crunch, is the world's first zero-sugar, low-carb, chocolate cereal.
Dubbed by early taste testers "healthy chocolate puffs", Catalina Crunch has a delicious dark-chocolate flavor with subtle coconut and almond notes. And due to a breakthrough in cereal science, Catalina Crunch has the same "light and crunchy" texture you've come to expect from your favorite childhood cereal.
We are building the next Kellogg’s. But unlike Kellogg’s, we are built from the ground up to transparently serve customers, not deceive them. To champion healthy eating, not to flip-flop on priorities to drive profits. And to end the healthcare crisis in America, not create it.
We are leading the War on Big Sugar. Join the battle.
Our investors include top VCs such as Social Capital, Quiet Capital and Horizons Alpha.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
* Own full-stack customer acquisition from strategy to execution
* Launch and manage digital marketing campaigns
* Drive a high-velocity testing culture where we are constantly experimenting against assumptions
* Set up and maintain a robust analytics infrastructure
* Lead weekly presentations on growth experiments
* 3+ years direct-to-consumer customer acquisition experience (e-commerce preferred)
* Experience with performance marketing channels
* Experience with web analytics technologies and SEM platforms
* Growth mindset with a focus on using continuous testing to optimize audience, acquisition channels, conversion funnel and pricing
* Analytical skills
* Strong work ethic
WHAT WE VALUE:
* We value determined, hard-working individuals who can ruthlessly execute with killer instincts
* We value a culture and energy where folks want to work hard, not where they are forced to do so
* We value concrete results, not "innovation" for the sake of innovation
Apply here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catalina Snacks is reinventing snacking.
Our first product, Catalina Crunch, is the world's first zero sugar, low-carb, chocolate cereal.
Dubbed by early taste testers "healthy Cocoa Puffs", Catalina Crunch has a delicious dark-chocolate flavor with subtle coconut and almond notes. And due to a breakthrough in cereal science, Catalina Crunch has the same "light and crunchy" texture you've come to expect from your favorite childhood cereal.
With zero sugar and only 5g net carbs per serving, you can't go wrong eating Catalina Crunch any time of the day.