Canvas was created to serve the ever-changing needs of the modern driver. We know car ownership can be complicated, so we’re working on creative solutions to alleviate many of the hassles associated with the traditional ways of getting a car. At Canvas, we have the DNA of a startup with the backing and expertise of the global Ford brand. As we look to grow our team, we’re looking for individuals who are resourceful, energetic, and up for the challenge of making cars easy.
When we aren’t hard at work, we’re outside soaking up the sunshine, volunteering for a local cause, or celebrating a birthday over some treats. Our team is proud of what we’re building here as we strive to achieve our goals and evolve our company, together.
Canvas is seeking a Design Manager with experience successfully leading a design team to create and ship digital products, services, and experiences.
You’re ideal for this role if you’re able to function successfully in a fast-paced work environment while performing as an extraordinary leader. You’re someone who can help us transform visions and strategies into delegatable work actions. You manage ambiguity with ease and have the ability to connect tasks to goals in a meaningful effective manor. You also possess an incredible eye for visual identity, UX heuristics, and user-centered strategies.
If you’re interested in joining our stellar team of problem solvers, we want to hear from you!
You’ll Work On...
* Understanding how to best represent the design team and articulating the team’s work we’re doing while communicating our rationale for doing so. (Additionally, you’ll act as an advocate for the user.)
* Carrying forward the team’s UX/UI/Visual execution while experimenting with new ideas.
* Exploring divergent concepts with the team while adhering to constraints and deadlines.
* Taking the lead in building relationships and rapport across the team and organization as well.
* Speaking on behalf of design goals and process to major stakeholders and management teams.
* Developing our current team of designers: Setting clear goals, managing workloads, and allocating team’s resources effectively.
* Accelerating the team’s efficiency and process by streamlining workflows and task allocations across projects.
* Participating in the vision of our visual identity & product strategy through understanding the problem landscape and challenges the company is facing.
* Collaborating with the team to execute strategies with a high level of polish.
* 7+ years of UX/UI/HCI/product design experience
* 3+ years of applied design UX/UI/HCI/product design management experience
* 2+ years of visual design and identity development
* Previous experience with managing product designers, visual designers, and researchers
* Experience in leading design-forward workshops, brainstorming sessions, and creative activities
* Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
* Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design research and heuristics
* Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
* Deep knowledge and applied experience in graphic design (layout, typography, color)
* Applied experience with design tools: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop
* Applied experience with prototyping tools: Framer, Principle, Origami, HTML/CSS/JS
* Strong understanding of design systems and front-end architecture
* Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
You must be prepared with a portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge in design best practices as well as strategic plans for your team to execute and solve problems.
Why You’ll Enjoy Working at Canvas...
* Opportunity to work in the automotive and mobility space during a time of growth post product launch
* Entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
* Matching 401k program
* Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
* Catered lunches daily
* Commuter benefits
* Gym subsidy
* Unlimited snacks and drinks
* Creative office space
* Employee discount on product
* $140,000 - $200,000
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
We’re an online platform offering convenient and personalized car subscriptions. All of our cars come standard with insurance, maintenance, warranty coverage, and roadside assistance.
At Canvas, our mission is simple: rethink car ownership to meet the needs of the modern day driver.
We strive to make getting a car easier and more seamless.
We understand modern transportation needs are those requiring convenient, multi-modal, innovative solutions, and we’re accepting the challenge
Join our team to help define the future of mobility.