We’re seeking a Director of People Operations to make Canvas an amazing place to work. You will champion our mission and company values and are responsible for building programs to recruit, retain, and reward all teams within the company. You will enable business success through job design, recruitment, performance management, training & development, employment cycle changes, talent management and facilities management services. The role involves supervision as well as being hands-on with the activities. Given an agile start-up environment, there’s a huge opportunity to implement things from scratch and grow in this role.
You will have a profound impact on every aspect of our organization, shaping recruiting, compliance, compensation, professional development and culture.
The ideal candidate is someone who can think and plan at a senior level, but who also enjoys getting their hands dirty and doing the work themselves. You should be data driven and unafraid to lead a growing organization.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Systematically diagnose business and organizational issues; design and implement solutions that shape culture, build organization capability and enable business results.
- Independently oversee end-to-end activities related to recruitment and employee talent management for the company.
- Manage induction and orientation of new hires.
- Bridge Management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Nurture a positive working environment and come up with innovative ways to maintain a spirited culture
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain compensation plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Ensure legal compliance.
- Derive insights from above activities and improve plans for higher impact
- You’re looking to join a fast-paced environment and can communicate with all kinds of people
- You are a systems-builder who relishes the challenge of setting up practices that will continue to propel our company when we are multiples of our current size
- 5 - 7 years of HR / People experience in a high-growth environment
- Expert understanding of employment law, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and training and development
- Experience managing and implementing HRIS & ATS
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- Track record of implementing People Operations practices that worked well
- A “startup person” who is hands-on and can make things happen without a vast support staff
- SPHR certification preferred
- Opportunity to work in the in the automotive / mobility space in a pre-product launch environment
- Entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Catered lunches
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Canvas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
We believe that existing transportation options don't address the changing needs of consumers, so we’re building a simple alternative to car ownership. Our objective is to alleviate the pain points, uncertainty, and general inflexibility of traditional car ownership by offering a better alternative that doesn’t break the bank. Why commit to multi-year financings or worry about whether or not you’ll be paying out-of-pocket for vehicle repairs? We believe that having a car should be easy, and it should meet your needs, whatever they may be.
Join our team to help upend the multi-trillion dollar transportation industry.
Currently in stealth mode. Stay tuned.