Canvas is seeking a (Senior) Brand & Content Marketing Manager to control our brand’s strategic direction and serve as the voice for the company. This position is vitally important in determining our go-to-market brand strategy, and determining how content, PR, organic social, and other channels can be utilized to best tell our story and build the brand that is best suited for our customers. You’ll not only control the brand, but also the development and distribution of the content needed to build that brand.
Qualified candidates should be exceptional writers; creating content calendars and determining distribution strategies are very familiar to you. You should also have a great eye for design and are comfortable working with graphic and visual designers in guiding the parameters and direction for their work.
You’ll report to the Head of Growth and will work collaboratively with many stakeholders including our CEO, Head of Operations, and Head of Product to work on brand-focused initiatives and to evangelize the brand internally.
- Refine our current brand & vision, building our narrative and ultimately determining our overall brand strategy
- Evangelize the brand internally and ensure consistency across marketing channels, website, product, and customer touchpoints; establish tone/voice & messaging guidelines, and enforce our brand messaging across the company
- Develop content for our blog, news articles, email communications, organic social channels, and partner distribution channels
- Provide art direction for UI, campaign, and other graphic design projects
- Manage PR strategy, outreach, speaking engagements, calendars, content, and (potentially) agency management
- Conduct ongoing customer & market research for brand, marketing, and customer development
- Determine needs for third-party support in areas such as PR, content development, and design; engage with agencies and field proposals, as needed
- 4+ years of experience working in a content and/or brand-focused marketing role
- Brand strategist with experience developing, refining, researching, and analyzing overall brand strategy, target market, tone/voice, and brand attributes
- Expert writer with demonstrated ability to produce thoughtful content
- Experience building a PR strategy from the ground-up: working with press contacts and/or agencies, outreach tactics, story pitches, and content plans
- Experience working closely with designers (freelancers & agencies, a plus) on production of content and overall brand visual design
- Experience managing social media channels and content calendars
- Relentless attention to detail and a knack for creativity
- SEO experience a plus
- Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a startup in the mobility and automotive space pre-product launch
- Entrepreneurial environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Catered lunches
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- 360° office view of the coveted San Francisco sunshine, with a spacious outdoor patio
Canvas is redefining car ownership. We believe that existing transportation options don’t address the changing needs of consumers, and we seek to build products and services that allow for new forms of mobility.
Join our team to help upend the multi-trillion dollar transportation industry.
Currently in stealth mode. Stay tuned.