Data Scientist / Consultant
2014 - Present (over 3 years)
- Computer vision and Machine Learning, Data Mining - Thermal IR remote sensing, fault detection, image segmentation, structural inspection and aerial thermal solar panel...more monitoring. - Development of a ranking algorithm for a client in the Financial sector - medical image segmentation - Image processing algorithms for space missions - Radio polarization imaging algorithms for RF data - Consulting on Medical devices & Supplies,intelligent machines, Scientific Instruments, Disinfection robots.
Taught courses on Computer Science, Medical Imaging (Machine Vision & Machine Learning), General Physics, Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Astronomy, and Cosmology...more in the Okanagan Campus. Implemented online e-learning and online test applications for large audiences.
Researched on magnetic ﬁelds and magnetic polarization imaging techniques,developed new imaging algorithms for polarized structures, physics of shocks and high energy explosions....more Implemented interferometer imaging techniques related with instrumental polarization leakage from the radio antennae.
Led a technical and scientiﬁc team to test a new signal detecting instrument (8-Channel Polarimeter) to be used with the largest steerable radio antenna in the world and...more developed data reduction methods and generated new algorithms. Mentored and guided research students for synthesis imaging projects.
Development and implementation of an automated algorithm to classify breast cancer risk groups from full field digital mammography images. Solving the instrumental polarization imaging problem in radio telescopes.
Recent projects include:
- Thermal IR remote sensing application to provide service customers in fault detection, image segmentation, structural inspection and aerial thermal solar panel monitoring.
- Development of a ranking algorithm for a client in the Financial sector
- Applications for the medical image segmentation in the medical field.
- Development of image processing algorithms for space missions ROSAT (X-ray) and IRAS (infrared)
- Development of interferometer and single dish radio polarization imaging algorithms for RF data
- Consulting on Medical devices & Supplies, Dental supplies, Biotech products, intelligent machines, Scientific Instruments, high level disinfection, dry mist sanitation, and Disinfection robots.