Bugsnag is the trusted software stability “command center” for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013 by James Smith and Simon Maynard, Bugsnag is backed by leading investors Matrix Partners, Benchmark Capital, and GV.
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our growing team in San Francisco, CA. You’ll work closely with Product and Design to help build our customer-facing core product. Our error monitoring dashboard helps many of the industry’s leading engineering teams around the world deliver higher quality software to their users. We’re working with React, ES6, and always exploring the latest tools. Our team is growing, and we're taking on bold challenges every day! We'd love to see what we can do next with your help.
What you’ll get to do:
- Build the core Bugsnag dashboard that helps developers all over the world be more efficient at what they do
- Collaborate with product designers and other software engineers to deliver seamless, beautiful, performant user-facing products and experiences
- Architect and build dynamic data visualizations to help customers explore huge sets of crash data
- Use what you build to improve what you build - we use Bugsnag ourselves every day!
- Use the latest and greatest frontend technologies. We use react, d3, typescript, jest, enzyme, storybook, etc.
Your background likely includes:
- Experience building complex user interfaces
- Active participation in high level technical decisions
- Strong communication skills that reduce inherent ambiguity in fast moving environments
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience
- Experience building interactive data visualizations
- Experience building realtime, single page apps
- Experience building APIs
- Active in technical community
Bugsnag is the world’s best automated crash monitoring system.
We allow software teams to ship their web and mobile apps up to 2x faster by giving actionable insights into crashes. We already work with some of the world's fastest growing and most innovative companies like Square, GitHub, Mashable, Goodreads, Buffer, Heroku (and thousands more).
When writing software, it is difficult to predict every single action your users will take, and even harder to test your application on every type of device, so bugs inevitably fall through the cracks. Having bug-free software is important to every company. Crashes make users sad, which can lead them to write bad reviews, abandon purchases, or even stop using your product completely.
Our product automatically detects crashes in web and mobile applications, alerting development teams of problems, and providing detailed diagnostic information to help fix errors as fast as possible.