I specialize in developing systems and devices incorporating nanoelectronic sensors. I'm an expert in the basic science describing why nanosensors work and how to construct them. I'm not interested in publishing more papers or working on trendy projects. My goal is a commercially viable device.
- I am co-founder of Nanomedical Diagnostics
- I built the first system to watch binding interactions of a single protein directly incorporated into an electronic circuit.
- I built a single-molecule resolution chemical sensor.
- I incorporated membrane GPCRs (olfactory proteins) into electronic circuits and showed they maintained their biological function.
- I designed, built and installed a nanoelectronic chemical sensing system at a test facility for a major chemical manufacturer
- I started the "Functional Nano Device" group at the Navy's SSC Pacific laboratory