The Web team at Breather is looking for a Sr. Front End Developer to help the Product team build and maintain our main client-facing application: breather.com. In the first few months, you will work with the product manager, scrum master and other individual contributors to develop and implement new functionalities of our search and booking engine, while improving and optimizing the existing ones.
At Breather, we use modern web technology including React+Redux, ES6+, Styled-Components, Jest, and atomic design. But we are also dedicated to phase out our older stack built in Backbone+Jade+Less. We're focused on delivering the best product while crafting elegant and efficient software.
As a Sr. Front End Developer, you will:
* Build beautiful, isolated web components in React and integrate them into our web applications
* Work with product teams to implement event-based analytics using Segment
* Own the end-to-end implementation of new features from the responsive UI down to the API
* Be part of a fast-moving cross-functional team; one of our core values is “Move fast, Iterate faster” and we live this everyday in our Spotify-inspired independent teams
* Improve our end-to-end test coverage
* Work with the engineering team to maintain and improve our front-end architecture
* Foster growth on the team through peer reviews, mentorship, and constructive feedback
You are a front-end whiz. You love programming for the web. You’re detailed and pragmatic. You have an eye for great design. You know how to make a page load fast. You understand the difference between null and undefined and you can find creative solutions to problems outside your main skill set.
In addition to your front-end skills, you understand the back-end. Maybe you’ve done some Rails or node.js. You understand what a user agent is, what a session is, and how to set a cookie from the server-side.
In addition to experience with some of the technologies we use, you have the following:
* A post-secondary degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent hands-on experience
* 5 or more years in an engineering or development role
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* The need to keep your skill set current; a thirst for knowledge
* Links to live, on-the-web examples of your work (Github, Stack Overflow, etc.)
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
* Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity
* Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
* Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you and benefit your career growth
* Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us.
* Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
* Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
* A great referral program - good people know good people!
Breather creates peaceful, practical and beautifully designed private spaces where you can work, meet and relax.
Currently operating out of NYC, SF, Boston, Montreal and Ottawa, Breather lets you unlock a space of your own, on-the-go and on-demand.
Booking is easy – simply find and reserve a Breather near you on our iOS and Android apps or on our website at Breather.com. You can book rooms for 30 minutes, a few hours or an entire day.
By partnering with Breather, property owners, building managers and commercial real-estate brokers can make more money from their unused and under-performing space and thereby increase the value of their existing real estate portfolios.
Breather has raised funding from Valar Ventures, RRE, Real Ventures, SOS Ventures and Slow Ventures and others.
Since launching, we’ve been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Atlantic, Fortune, Dwell and TechCrunch, to name a few.