Bluedot is an advanced location services platform that powers unprecedented location-based solutions for enterprises and marketing clouds. Our best in class location technology empowers mobile brands to deliver personalized content, generate analytics, and enable mobile commerce with 20x the accuracy of the industry standard. Our mission is to seamlessly connect people with the physical and digital world around them through our patented location services technology.
For the past 4 years, we have been a R&D firm focused solely on building the next generation location services solutions that allows brands to deliver true personalization at scale. This year we've raised $13M in total funds with plans for further fund raising. Some of our customers include McDonalds, Salesforce, News Corp, Swrve and Transurban.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our team is rapidly growing and looking to aggressively hire to meet the incredible market opportunities and demand of our clients. With a fresh injection of venture capital and an overwhelmingly positive response from the market, we’re looking for an Integration Engineer who can take ownership of our partner integrations, from conception to delivery.
This role will be based out of our Melbourne, Australia office and will require 20% of international travel to our offices in the US (San Francisco), the UK (London) and to our partners HQs.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING IN THE POSITION
• Design, develop and implement integration layers between Bluedot’s core product offering and our partners.
• Work closely with partners to understand their unique approach and use case, and identify how best to integrate with their systems.
• Collaborate with the product engineering team to leverage their deep engineering expertise, as well as delivering partner requirements and feedback.
• Train and educate engineers and configuration specialist at partner sites to create product champions internally within the partner organization
• Lead and own pre and post implementation support
• Troubleshoot customer configuration issues to identify root causes and manage the escalation to the appropriate team
• Proactively communicate to partners of new features and product evolution with the view to increase engagement
• Respond to partner support requests and inquiries
• Act as conduit between our US commercial team and AU product/development team
• Gather valuable feedback from partners that will lead to the improvement of our current product and creation of new products and features
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
• Minimum 3 years as a software engineer.
• Solid Node.js development skills.
• Strong experience with working with a range of API types, from GraphQL to REST to SOAP.
• NoSQL experience – MongoDB preferred.
• Experience with modern scalable approaches (Serverless, Microservices, etc.).
• Excellent architecture and software engineering skills to be able to design solutions to work with a variety of different existing architectures.
• Confident working with internal, partner, and customer stakeholders to gather requirements and feedback.
• Able to work both independently and with development teams.
• Solid understanding of software engineering and computer science fundamentals.
• Experience with test-driven development.
• Eager to pick up new skills and capabilities.
• Comfortable with both technical and business worlds. This position requires both coding up a storm and regularly meeting with partners and customers.
• Very capable at working in a cross-functional team, including front-end, back-end, and mobile developers.
• Ability to travel internationally.
• Keen to be involved at the cutting edge.
• Comfortable with an atmosphere which regularly switches between high intensity development and more laid-back fun.
BONUS POINTS FOR
• Experience in Sales Engineering or Solution Architecture.
• Experience developing for the iOS or Android platforms.
• Exposure to sales and marketing processes.
• Experience in developing geospatial applications.
• Background working in an Agile working environment – particularly Scrum.
• Good understanding of cloud infrastructure services (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud).
• Experience in messing around with IoT devices.
IN RETURN, WE OFFER
• The unique opportunity to work at an innovative tech company that is poised to dominate the location services marketplace.
• Competitive Salary
• Generous Bonus Structure
• Gym membership
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Employee Stock Options
Bluedot Innovation provides the most accurate location services (20 times more accurate than other providers) on the market and is the inventor of Geolines™ - a ultra-thin virtual tripwire that can be set anywhere in the world to send personalized mobile content and generate insightful analytics on customer behavior. Our platform and advanced SDK empowers mobiles apps to deliver messages, videos, or any custom action based on a customer's precise location, while keeping optimal battery performance. Additionally, all location-based actions can be conditioned based on individual customer behavior, needs and preferences, delivering unprecedented customization and targeting. Our technology also supports an unlimited number of locations and users without additional hardware.