Bigstream is looking for a talented Full Stack Developer with an eye for design to build and deliver the management console for our next generation big data and machine learning acceleration technology. By joining Bigstream, you will immediately become a key member of our software team and take the lead in creating a high-quality visualization that shows how Apache Spark and other workloads perform.
By joining the Bigstream team, you are entering a world of cutting edge development and innovation, where you will get both encouragement and guidance as well as a free hand to solve tough technical problems using good design and your personal inspiration. As a member of a well-funded early stage startup you will receive an equity share and market rate salary, as well as good food, rocking coffee, company outings and freedom to be yourself. And, of course, medical and 401k benefits too.
Candidates must be analytical, strategic thinkers comfortable with driving tactical execution and has a “get the job done” attitude. You must have an innate ability to understand end users, be passionate about user experience, attention to detail and be comfortable working on a fast pace environment as part of working on an early stage company.
- Collaborate with the Product Engineering team to design, develop, and implement our SaaS platform for production monitoring and customer dashboard tool
- Develop internal dashboards and generate automated reports to help Sales and Product Development better understand and analyze customer’s historical trends, current usage, and report metrics
- Build and maintain the backend architecture of our latest tools
- Responsible for development of production-quality code using Java, Python, and Node.js
- Interface with external design agencies for UI/UX enhancements
Stay up-to-date and provide insight for the latest best practices for web development
- BS or MS in Computer Science and/or Information Systems
- 2-3 years of experience in developing web services and/or web applications
- 3+ years of experience with programming in Python
- 2-3 years of experience as a Full Stack Developer a plus
- Knowledge of scalable cloud architectures for data processing (S3, lambda functions, and data warehousing)
- A user-focused mindset with a passion in portraying data and information effectively
- Ability to create, articulate, and transform high-level ideas into a live product
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, cutting-edge work environment
Bigstream welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives in all functions of the business.
For AI and Big Data application developers, Bigstream's hyper-acceleration provides dataflow run-time software that executes existing data processing platforms on top of next-generation compute systems in a seamless manner. Unlike hardware- and/or platform-specific alternatives, Bigstream offers the highest level of performance instantly with no application changes or loss of API programmatic access.