The Bigstream Product Engineering team is looking to welcome a new, talented coder to work as a Big Data Product Engineer for the world's first hyper-acceleration (CPUs + GPUs + FPGAs) platform for Spark, Machine Learning and AI workloads. This is cutting edge technology that uses a powerful combination of acceleration techniques to squeeze every last ounce of performance from each application and from every node in the cluster. Several patents having been granted with more pending. This is a place that you can make a huge difference.
The individual will work to architect, design, develop and release the advanced infrastructure of Bigstream’s core big data processing engines. This position will be a key member in building, fine-tuning and optimizing the performance of Bigstream’s technology stack.
By joining the Bigstream team, you are entering a world of cutting edge development and innovation, where you will get both encouragement and guidance as well as a free hand to solve tough technical problems using good design and your personal inspiration. As a member of a well-funded early stage startup you will receive an equity share and market rate salary, as well as good food, rocking coffee, company outings and freedom to be yourself. And, of course, medical and 401k benefits too.
- Design and develop front-end components for Bigstream's big data hyper-acceleration stack
- Complete and enhance back-end components for Bigstream’s software stack
- MS or PhD in Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering
- 2 to 3+ years of experience in big data/HPC programming
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with Java, C/C++, SQL, and/or Scala
- Familiarity with C++11 is a plus
- Familiarity with machine learning/deep learning algorithms
- Experience with big data frameworks, such as HDFS, Spark, Cassandra, or TensorFlow
- Experience with query optimization and product performance improvement
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems design preferred
- Experience with MySQL preferred
- Experience with Linux kernel preferred
Bigstream welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives in all functions of the business.
For AI and Big Data application developers, Bigstream's hyper-acceleration provides dataflow run-time software that executes existing data processing platforms on top of next-generation compute systems in a seamless manner. Unlike hardware- and/or platform-specific alternatives, Bigstream offers the highest level of performance instantly with no application changes or loss of API programmatic access.