I invest in the fast growing Indian startup ecosystem and discover promising companies and founders at the pre-seed, seed and pre-Series A stages through my network of founders and seed investors spread across Silicon Valley and India.
You will get access to some of the best-in-class deals in the Indian startup ecosystem as part of this syndicate. There are 3 types of deals I primarily look for and invest in.
ONE: I invest in founders chasing big ideas that are “go big or go home” type companies. These founders are high quality and if they pull of their vision these companies can return many x. These are tough to find in India but they are there. Sminq is one such deal where we went to an idea discussion over lunch to the largest seed round in 2015 to traction in 18 months and the vision is yet to unfold.
TWO: I find out teams that are perseverant, hustlers in execution and have shown perseverance to make it happen. These founders & their execution are a bigger bet than the market. Testbook is one such deal where I bet on the founders’ perseverance and they went from a small seed to Series A & B from Tier 1 investors and market leadership in 3 years.
THIRD: I am passionate about funding India-specific ideas and teams that are passionate about the so-called “Bharat” opportunity, to solve very large problems in the domestic Indian market in the B2B or B2C spaces.
There is no spray-and-pray here.
I am sector-agnostic.
I am not a pattern matching fan either.
I intend to bring all my high quality deals to the syndicate everywhere possible so you get access to the highest quality deals I am part of.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Early stage investing comes with 100% risk and you should invest only if you are comfortably loosing your entire investment.
- You can opt-out or opt-in on a deal by deal basis.
- Better Capital may not be able to provide updates on companies.
- In deals with short deadlines or smaller allocations, the most active LPs get early access.
- Better Capital covers our full set of investments & updates on an annual Medium blog.
- No guarantees on returns or success metrics for these investments.
- You can email any questions on our investments & I am happy to answer those.
I’ve built & continue to build a strong channel of discovering high quality early stage founders through a tight-knit network of like-mind founders and seed investors in Silicon Valley and India. This network includes Berkeley & Stanford alumni, second time founders I’ve work with in the past as well as close friends at Facebook, Google, Apple and Amazon.
Has been a great experience having him onboard as an investor and advisor.