Betabrand.com is small, fast-growing San Francisco e-commerce company. We produce new, real-world products every week, which are consistently covered in publications such as the New York Times, Wired, Gizmodo, and Boing Boing. We’re also developing new models of social interaction and community development in e-commerce.
The Merchandising Team is looking for a Merchandising and product strategy superstar to cover a 6-month maternity leave.
Our ideal candidate is a highly analytical and highly creative merchant; quantitatively and qualitatively leaps and bounds above the rest. During this time, your role will help inform what designs are Crowdfunded next. Responsibilities include general assortment management, overseeing the release calendar/product flow, ad hoc reporting, generally filtering information/feedback to draw inferences, create solutions, and adjust strategies to maximize opportunity and drive the success of products through funding.
Our office is a high energy, busy environment. We like to have fun at work and so should you. Since we function a bit like a publishing house, we often have a very short turnaround for projects and need someone who can be a proactive self-starter and get things done quickly.
We're looking for a fun and driven individual with a good sense of humor who will not be offended by creepy mannequins, a captured yeti hung upside down in our store, or the occasional dog coming by your desk to sniff out whether or not you have any treats.
We’re looking for a candidate with:
* 3+ years previous retail merchandising experience
* Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office
* Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements with a strong focus
on driving sales
* Ability to share a point of view about product assortment and business
* Strong organization skills and attention to detail a must
* Ability to problem-solve and identify solutions
* Must be team-oriented with strong communication, presentation and
* Flexible and able to quickly prioritize changing needs
* Self-starter and highly motivated, capable of balancing multiple priorities
* An understanding of trends and marketplace insights
* A bachelor’s degree
* E-Commerce experience
* Clear understanding of Betabrand’s unique business model
* Skilled in Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
* Working knowledge of fabrics, trims and technical garment construction
* Ability to Travel
If this job sounds exciting to you, please submit your portfolio & resume.
Note: If you think you might not be the right fit for a full-time job at Betabrand -- but would like to try out our platform for designers -- visit http://www.betabrand.com/think-tank.html to learn how you can quickly build a world following of fans for your designs & earn commissions of sales.
Betabrand produces new, real-world products every week, which are consistently covered in publications such as the New York Times, Wired, Gizmodo, and Boing Boing. We’re also developing new models of social interaction and community development in e-commerce. Take a spin through our site to see Betabrand’s unique approach to online retail and social commerce.