Benchling was started by a group of software engineers with molecular and computational biology experience. Many of us chose not to pursue paths in science because we were frustrated at how hard it was to work together. We’ve experienced the pain of poorly managed data, irreproducible research, and paper lab notebooks.
Thousands of scientists all around the world use Benchling to do research. Whether they are at the world’s largest companies, the top research universities, or working on a startup in a garage, scientists use Benchling for the same reason: to be empowered, not encumbered, by their tools.
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
* Managing the front desk and office lobby, including answering phones, signing for deliveries, and directing guests
* Providing support to the Operations Manager, helping with day to day projects as well as long term and big picture projects
* Helping with team events and off-sites, as well as monthly happy hours and birthday celebrations
* Assisting hiring managers with candidate experience and logistics
* Handling confidential and sensitive information with discretion
* Building relationships with customers, candidates, and the cross-functional teams
* Managing kitchen upkeep, including catered lunches, restocking fridges and pantries, and managing dinner orders
* Maintaining the general cleanliness of the office
* Hard working with the discipline to power through never ending to-do lists
* Excellent communications skills.
* Organization, obviously.
* Driven to create a best-in-class culture and office environment.
* A sense of maturity, perspective and empathy.
* Eager to laugh at yourself. And others if deserving.
* Excited to identify issues and offer solutions to a broad range of operations topics.
* Ability to prioritize an ever changing list of to-dos.
* 1-2 years of administrative/recruiting/office management preferred.
* Creativity. We want you to bring your own flavor to this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Benchling makes life science research faster and more collaborative.
Biotechnology has the potential to solve humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as disease, renewable energy, clean water, and hunger. The brightest minds are working on these problems but they are equipped with archaic tools. We aspire to fix this and increase the rate of scientific output with a platform for researchers to design and run experiments, analyze data, and share results.