Benchling was started by a group of software engineers with molecular and computational biology experience. Many of us chose not to pursue paths in science because we were frustrated at how hard it was to work together. We’ve experienced the pain of poorly managed data, irreproducible research, and paper lab notebooks.
Thousands of scientists all around the world use Benchling to do research. Whether they are at the world’s largest companies, the top research universities, or working on a startup in a garage, scientists use Benchling for the same reason: to be empowered, not encumbered, by their tools.
Benchling is a platform for groundbreaking life science research: gene therapy, cellular immunotherapy, synthetic biology, and more. Our mission is to accelerate research and magnify its life-saving impact by bringing modern software to this historically underserved space.
We’re looking for our first technical recruiter to double the size of our engineering team this year (and beyond). You’re a great fit for us if you’re interested in building the foundation of our recruiting culture - defining and implementing best practices, influencing hiring leaders, integrating our values into the recruiting process, etc. - while also keeping a sizable req load and hiring top engineers.
Here’s what you will do:
* Lead full-cycle recruitment for all engineering hiring in our SF office
* Partner with engineering leads to build out best practices: consistent and delightful candidate experience, role & profile shaping, closing strategies, etc.
* Work with external agencies and partners as needed to amplify your effectiveness
* Strategically build and own a pipeline of exceptional candidates
* As needed, aggressively source passive candidates for tough-to-fill positions and creatively source for niche roles
* Help craft and distribute effective job descriptions to build a compelling pitch for qualified candidates
This should describe you:
* 4+ years of technical recruiting or technical sourcing experience
* 2+ years of in-house recruiting experience, preferred
* Have a technical mindset and love working with engineers
* Have been a part of a scaling organization (and loved it)
* People-centric; you take pride in knowing that you are helping people through the next phase of their career and are driven by seeing others succeed in their roles
Benchling makes life science research faster and more collaborative.
Biotechnology has the potential to solve humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as disease, renewable energy, clean water, and hunger. The brightest minds are working on these problems but they are equipped with archaic tools. We aspire to fix this and increase the rate of scientific output with a platform for researchers to design and run experiments, analyze data, and share results.