Benchling was started by a group of software engineers with molecular and computational biology experience. Many of us chose not to pursue paths in science because we were frustrated at how hard it was to work together. We’ve experienced the pain of poorly managed data, irreproducible research, and paper lab notebooks.
Thousands of scientists all around the world use Benchling to do research. Whether they are at the world’s largest companies, the top research universities, or working on a startup in a garage, scientists use Benchling for the same reason: to be empowered, not encumbered, by their tools.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. From developing innovative cancer treatments to engineering microbes that produce sustainable biofuels, our users rely on Benchling to plan, carry out, and document their research in a collaborative environment.
Historically, scientists have tried to do the same things with scattered software, manual data entry, and lots of paper. As research has grown more complex, the shortfalls of those approaches have grown more apparent and more cumbersome. But in a field where innovation is the bottom line, no one should have to settle for the status quo.
Benchling's integrated lab notebook, molecular biology suite, and workflow management tools unify and streamline experimental design, data analysis, and results gathering. As a result, scientists can spend less time on busy work and more time on science, so we can address the problems we face sooner.
Benchling is building a world-class customer success team to drive commercialization of our product. You will be supporting a product that transforms how research teams work together. Core responsibilities of this role revolve around building a strong relationship with the customer and developing a deep understanding of their R&D process. You will leverage this to drive implementation, onboarding, and adoption of the Benchling platform.
* Manage post-sales activity through strong product knowledge, relationship-building, and project management.
* Act as a trusted advisor for new customers by guiding them through implementation and adoption.
* Understand customers' scientific workflows and figure out how they can leverage Benchling to best meet their key business needs.
* Map customer journey, develop listening points, and standardize interactions for each point in journey.
* Discover customer pain points, advocate for them internally to influence product changes.
* Identify and work with sales on opportunities for account expansion.
* Develop and optimize enterprise training programs including written and video collateral.
* M.Sc., or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar field strongly preferred
* At least 2 years of experience in a lab or research setting. You empathize with scientists and can quickly understand complicated scientific concepts.
* At least 2 years of prior of experience in client services or account management.
* Strong communication skills. You must be able to quickly and effectively connect with a range of industry stakeholders, including scientists, project leads, and executives.
* Outstanding self-starter approach with the ability to be successful given limited initial infrastructure.
* Curious, creative, and and tenacious. You should be excited to collaborate with customers as a thought partner.
Benchling makes life science research faster and more collaborative.
Biotechnology has the potential to solve humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as disease, renewable energy, clean water, and hunger. The brightest minds are working on these problems but they are equipped with archaic tools. We aspire to fix this and increase the rate of scientific output with a platform for researchers to design and run experiments, analyze data, and share results.