Looking for a senior software engineer to own the development and management of a custom Android environment running on custom hardware. Role entails leading all aspects of a customized Android build and development process that can scale as the team/product grows. Designing and implementing solutions for a continuous integration process, merging updates and patches from upstream AOSP and hardware BSPs, creating and sending OTA updates to devices, and optimizing the Android environment for performance on our hardware. You will work closely with application software, embedded software, and hardware teams to create a top-tier Android experience on a hardware device for the home. As the first engineer owning this process, it's an opportunity to lay a strong foundation and grow into leader of a key piece of our product experience.
Who We are:
We are a family of heroes on a journey to improve people’s lives by building devices that seamlessly and naturally integrate technology into our homes.
We are a funded (series A) connected device company creating a new health and wellness device that will change the way people experience their spaces.
- Extensive experience with Linux/Android development and debugging
- Extensive knowledge of AOSP and Android framework internals
- Proficiency with C/C++/scripting
- Experience with Android SDK, NDK and JNI
- Experience testing and optimizing Linux kernel and drivers for performance improvement
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
- Experience with consumer electronics products
- Experience with Android CTS testing/certification
- Experience with Android HAL and device drivers including audio and wireless - drivers
Funded connected device company creating a new health and wellness device that will change the way people experience their spaces.
We're at the forefront of applying the latest technologies to a challenging problem. Hardware, firmware, Android, RxJava, iOS, Swift, AWS, Deep Learning and more are all on the table and being implemented everyday.