At Bannerman, we're working to make the world safer by using technology to empower and connect security professionals.
Today, our software backed security guards secure top brands like: YSL, WeWork, Lyft, BMW, Arco AM/PM, Everlane, and others.
As our first Finance hire, we're looking for someone who can execute complex modelling, but also has the ability to get hands dirty in the day-to-day operational aspects of a start-up. You’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You will support Bannerman's growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. This is a remote position, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Experience. You have 2+ years of relevant work experience in operational finance, with investment banking, consulting, or private equity / growth equity experience a plus, and a degree in a quantitative field.
• Technical skills. You’re an excel ninja with the superpower to develop insightful financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with critical thinking and sound business judgment. SQL experience a plus.
• Soft skills. You can eloquently distill and communicate complex topics broadly to board members, front-line team members and everyone in between. You are proactive and have a positive attitude with a can-do, service-oriented mentality.
• Discipline. You have impressive time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks with multiple stakeholders while hitting deadlines on time sensitive projects.
• Precision. You have sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, and have a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. You are able to tend to the blades of grass, while not losing sight of the broader landscape.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Owning accounts receivables and collections
• Owning accounts payable
• Supporting our accountants in the month-end close process
• Running payroll
• Reporting financials to the Executive team and credit partners
• Working cross-functionally to optimize our financial processes
• Developing models and projections in collaboration with the Executive team.
• Gold and platinum employer covered healthcare plans
• Flexible unlimited vacation policy
• 401k plan
• Equity options
Each year, $44 billion is spent on security guard services in the US. Physical security threats are evolving and becoming increasingly sophisticated. There's a growing need for security services; the industry is growing 5% year over year. Unfortunately the industry is stuck in the past. Security is being done the same way that it's been done for decades. Bannerman is modernizing the physical security industry by building software.
Bannerman improves the industry in two major ways: 1) by making it easier to find security services online and 2) by using software to improve security guards in the field.
The Bannerman platform has 3 parts that are deeply connected:
- Guard mobile app
- Operator system for guard managers
- Client dashboard