Work with a world-class engineering team to build a world-class digital marketing software platform and business.
Authoritas is a rapidly growing software business based in the UK with customers all over the world. We have built a world-class SEO and content marketing software platform that helps companies of all sizes get the best return from their websites.
We’re now developing the exciting next generation of our software using advanced Big Data analytics and machine learning to give content marketing and SEO teams an even greater competitive edge.
To support this development we’re looking for a senior Java engineer to work in a team of talented senior engineers building the distributed, scalable back-end architecture and software underpinning our SaaS application.
You’ll be working in an agile team environment working closely with the UK and remote engineering teams using the latest methodology and techniques to develop world-class marketing software and tools.
We constantly try to improve ourselves and follow industry best practices, so code reviews, CI, automation, R&D and knowledge sharing sessions are all part of the picture.
Preferred skills and experience:
• Strong OOP skills - Live by the SOLID principle
• Enterprise Java
• Cassandra, SOLR or Elasticsearch
• Amazon AWS
• Apache Spark or Hadoop
• Graph database such as NEO4J, Titan or similar
• Messaging systems such as Rabbit MQ
• Extensive experience in scalable, high traffic web applications and APIs
• Solid mathematics
Desirable skills and experience:
• Experience building scalable web services
• Practical commercial software development experience working on Big Data projects
• Excellent problem solving, creative thinking and self-motivation skills
• Practical use of/interest in Machine Learning/AI and data-science techniques
• Whilst experience in the digital marketing arena is not essential; developing a passion for what we do and for delivering extraordinarily valuable projects for our global client base is!
Why work with us?
We’re an ambitious young, fast-growing company intent on building world-class software for a global customer base of leading brands, agencies and e-commerce sites. You’ll have ample opportunity to shine, to share your knowledge and learn from a talented team. We offer a competitive package, opportunities for international travel and have a passionate and fun culture, flexible working arrangements and a great working environment.
Authoritas is based in Twickenham, SW London. (So, no nasty daily commute on the Tube!) - We also operate a flexible working policy - so you can work from home, our office or the WIFI enabled garden in our office (London weather permitting).
We’re doubling the team in 2018/19 and this is a superb opportunity to be a part of a growing business (and even own a part of the business through our generous share option scheme).
• Competitive remuneration package including EMI approved share option scheme
• Career progression - we encourage personal development, autonomy and responsibility
• Encouragement to attend conferences and training days
• Freedom to explore new technologies
• Flexibility to work on different projects with talented local and remote teams
• Relaxed office environment – with a WIFI enabled garden (and team BBQs in the summer and snow ball fights in the winter!)
• You’ll be joining a growing company, with a unique global proposition, at an early enough stage to make a big contribution to our success and to accelerate your career
How to apply?
Drop our CEO Laurence O’Toole an email with your CV. Please also include any open source or community projects you have contributed to and links to any relevant work on Github or Bitbucket.
SEO & Content Marketing have evolved. It's not about keyword ranking and links anymore!
Search engines have evolved and are using the latest machine learning techniques to deliver better results for their users. Now you can use similarly advanced techniques to deliver better results for your website(s).
With our cloud-based sofwtare platform you can:
* Use advanced data-science and machine learning techniques to analyse your whole market and discover how Google clusters related sites, pages and content in your marketplace.
* Automatically support your content marketing strategy by identifying and prioritising the right content marketing initiatives for your website(s).
* Benchmark your organic Market Share and set a strategy that will out-perform the market!
* Generate a better ROI on the efforts of your editorial, content marketing and SEO teams by focusing your efforts in the areas that will generate the best return.