At AngelList, we fundamentally believe in startups.
We’re building the definitive platform for startups — where they raise money (http://angel.co/), build teams (http://alist.co/ & http://angel.co/talent), and launch their products (http://producthunt.com/).
We're also creating a unique design culture where designers and engineers define and ship products together. Teams are small and built on mutual respect, high trust, and low management. At AngelList, designers and engineers take direct product ownership.
It's not a fit for everyone, but when it is a fit it’s one of the most rewarding places to work.
The Talent Team
The Talent Team is a cross-functional group focused on fundamentally improving how startups form and grow their teams. We work with startups and candidates to build the best team-building and job-seeking experiences possible. We also do this at scale — AngelList Talent is the world’s foremost startup jobs marketplace.
Or to put that another way, in this role you’ll build the tools that every future employer will use to hire you.
• Work within the cross-functional (design, engineering, ops, sales) to iterate on existing products and invent new ones
• Talk to users to identify their core problems and needs and translate these into product
• Combine design thinking with execution, to produce industry-leading work
• Be a generalist, with understanding of your strengths and weaknesses across the user experience design spectrum
• Take ownership of projects and manage multiple priorities against deadlines
• Work with other designers to develop the AngelList suite of products
• Work comfortably with user and growth metrics
• A strong online portfolio showcasing your best work.
• A track record of launching successful projects
• Experience designing products and experiences at scale
• Comfort with, and curiosity about, working outside of a traditional narrow design role
• The ability to explore and test a breadth of approaches with a pen or prototype
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Entrepreneurship or small startup experience