Your Alumni Network
AngelList Analyst Program
We’re building the world’s top platform for early stage investing. Join us.
Multiple positions available. Flexible start dates.
As an analyst, you'll work across AngelList's business - building skills and connections for a career in startups, venture capital or technology
AngelList is a platform for investing in early stage technology companies. It facilitated
over $160M in online investment in 2015
and powers the
world's largest seed fund.
AngelList sources deals from
- experienced angels - including early investors in Uber, Airbnb, PayPal, LinkedIn, Twitter and Stripe.
About The Program
You will meet hundreds of the world’s best startups and investors as you screen and execute deals.
You will focus on deal operations, but see all aspects of AngelList’s fundraising business through special projects. This is a year-long role for new or recent graduates.
Upon successful completion of the program, analysts will be on track for increased responsibilities. We’ll help you find the right role across the startup ecosystem.
What You'll Do
- manage and close early stage financings
- review startup pitches and prepare deal research
Run fund operations
- set up venture funds and close transactions
Hack together a few small launches. For example, find a way to:
Ship a product feature
Acquire new syndicate leads
Activate new investors
Outstanding academic track record
Proven execution skills
Technical background (e.g. math, programming, etc)
Excellent analytical and communication skills
What You'll Learn
- work with great angels and learn how they make investment decisions
- learn to read a deal
Business models & technologies
- see hundreds of innovative ideas before they're popular
Working at a startup
- work alongside engineers and designers
Getting things done
- break down high-level goals
- take initiative in a management-light environment
Founders & Startups
- manage interactions with hundreds of startups
Angels & VCs
- be the primary contact for active syndicate leads
- understand the "money behind the money"
Who You'll Work With
“At AngelList I get the opportunity to work on very interesting problems with great exposure to the venture industry and startup world. I learn something new here every day.”
“Incredibly steep learning curve! Making the fundraising process easy and painless for founders and investors helped me develop many different skills – communication, legal, judgment, and more.”
“As an analyst at AngelList, I get to hustle, learn and contribute in a challenging and evolving startup environment. At the same time, I get rapid exposure and access to hundreds of the world’s best investors and emerging companies.”
What I learned as the first analyst on the AngelList investment team
Announcing a $400M fund for startups on AngelList
A disruptor shakes up angel investing (Fortune)
AngelList’s Newest Experiment (Wall Street Journal)
AngelList: Changing the Landscape of Investing
Why join a breakout company
Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future