Now is the perfect time to join Amino. With rapid growth, off the charts engagement, and some of the best investors in the world behind us, we are dreaming big! There are millions of interests out there; we believe that each one deserves its own Amino, a chance to contribute, learn, and form connections in a mobile community like no other. We are growing a network of app-based communities that can change the way that people experience the things they’re most passionate about. Join us!
Amino’s looking for a Communications Manager to oversee and manage Amino’s relationship with the rest of the world. The Communications Manager will work as part of Amino’s brand team to relay Amino’s mission and vision to the media, strengthening awareness and understanding of Amino’s innovative product offering and our position as a pre-eminent source of fandom and culture. The Communications Manager will work alongside senior leadership in both product and policy to define messaging and create opportunity for Amino across media channels.
-Craft a proactive PR and press strategy for both technology and cultural media outlets
-Obtain coverage & placements in applicable media outlets
-Build Amino’s relationship with both the media and other relevant external partners
-Define and execute Amino’s strategy for public speaking opportunities, trade events, and other high profile publicity opportunities
-Work alongside Brand Marketing to create campaigns designed to showcase Amino’s place in a variety of fandoms and subcultures
- 3-6 years working in communications, ideally through relevant client experience or at a technology/media company
- Strong connections with relevant press and media partners, including but not limited to technology, music, gaming, and niche publications
- A deep passion for internet communities and the people in them, either through your work or personal experience
- Extremely strong writing skills -- you can take complicated ideas and distill them into something palatable, understandable, and inspirational
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders to craft messaging that inspires the world
Just like our users, Amino represents a wide range of voices we are committed to building a team that is reflective of that diversity. To achieve that goal, Amino Apps is a proud equal opportunity employer, and encourages applicants from all groups, including those underrepresented in tech.
Our family of apps, built on our mobile-first platform, enables people to discover, develop, and express their interests and passions. Come together with others who share your excitement, make connections with people around the world, and have rich conversations in a friendly, open environment. The online forum experience has never felt at home on mobile. Until now.
View all of our communities at www.aminoapps.com.