Founded by Carnegie Mellon and Stanford alumni, American Robotics is an agricultural automation and data analytics company specializing in cloud-connected, smart drones. Our focus is to expand the possibilities of precision agriculture and deliver value to the farmer through innovations in drone technology, software, and data management. We are headquartered in Boston, MA and operate within the new MassRobotics incubator.
American Robotics is seeking a Computer Vision Engineer to assist the development of our autonomous drone system. This individual will lead development on all machine vision and image processing, including state estimation and aerial imaging.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Controls, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Experience with machine vision, image processing, signal processing, and sensor fusion
- Experience with perception, state-estimation, and control systems for mobile robots
- Fluent in C/C++, Python, ROS
- Experience working with quadcopters and/or other drones
- Experience with embedded software and programming
- Experience with multispectral/hyperspectral imaging
- Experience with data analytics and analysis software
- Experience developing production-quality code
- Experience working in small, fast-moving team
- Lead the charge on the commercial drone revolution
- Be an early member of a startup company - help shape our direction and culture
- Gain access to ground-breaking new tech
- Significant equity offering
Scout is a turn-key data collection solution for commercial farmers.