Define food traceability. Program and design one of the world's smallest and smartest sensor systems. Interested in ultra low power sensing(we're talking nA,uA,and mA here!), mesh networks, and automation(IoT) - this is the position for you. As a core member of our startup team, you will help extend and create “bulletproof” firmware for robust, ultra-low power connected sensors and architect fault tolerant network infrastructure between our connected devices.
Must be flexible to move to Chicago, IL. Come join our team on this awesome journey to protect our world's food supply!
Must be a United States citizen.
Can not sponsor Visa or Green Card.
No Angel List account? Apply here -> https://goo.gl/GI59zE
Project or Industry work experience with most of the following:
- Embedded, real-time operating systems and multithreaded programming (RTOS)
- Common communication protocols (UART,SPI,I2C,USB)
- Common embedded toolchains (eg. GCC,Keil,IAR,CCS) and version control systems (git)
- Embedded Linux software architecture
- Wireless RF technologies and protocols (eg. ZigBee, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Sub-Ghz, 802.15.4)
- Basic signal processing for sensor systems
- Basic understanding of circuits
- Full development life cycle from design, development, board bring-up, to product support
- Software engineering best practices for estimation, design, unit and system testing
- Hardware and Software debugging tools like printf(), oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, emulators, soldering iron, hammers
NICE TO HAVES:
- Constraints of and optimizations for small, real-time, ultra-low power embedded systems
- ARM M Series Microcontrollers
- Ad-hoc, mesh, or body-area networking technologies
- Network protocols such as UDP,TCP,SMNP,NTCIP
- Secure communication protocols such as HTTPS and SSL
- IoT steaming protocols such as MQTT
- RF regulatory standards (eg. FCC)
Think agriculture isn't cool? Have a glance at this note written by the co-founder.
Must love to tinker, break things, self-learn.
Amber Agriculture automates grain management for farmers using advanced internet of things technology and cloud analytics.