The Content Platform Automation team provides an end-to-end framework for creating, managing, and optimizing what users see on all Amazon sites. Our customers are website designers, development teams, and site merchandisers: They use our team's software to create and customize text, pictures, rich media, and dynamic content widgets. Once this is done, the Content Platform team's scheduling and content-delivery systems go to work, ensuring that the right pieces of content appear on the right web pages, in the right places at the right times. Our team's products are engineered with reuse and extensibility in mind, and many other teams have incorporated our APIs into their own products. The work that we do directly affects Amazon's bottom line, by driving millions in revenue annually.
Content Platform is seeking software developers who possess the ability to act as technical leads throughout the development process, with a particular focus on developing and scaling our back-end machine learning and optimization systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree (or commensurate experience) in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in databases and data storage
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
· Proficiency in, at least, one mainstream programming language such as C, C++, or Java.
· Experience applying machine learning or other optimization techniques
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
We own Checkout Experience for all Retail Amazon web sites. Through Checkout, customers have the ability to select items, create and modify orders, and review current and prior order status. The team is responsible for maintaining and improving the end customer experience on all Amazon Retail Websites.