Please apply online via the following link if you're interested in being considered for this role: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/636357/devops-engineer.
The Alexa Data Services team is part of Amazon’s speech platform organization that provides speech recognition capabilities - in speakers, appliances, wearables, robots, and more! It will change the way millions of people interact with their homes, cars, and even their workplace.
This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running, and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations, and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
· B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
· at least 3 years’ experience as Support Engineer with minimum 1 year as Developer.
· Supporting implementations enterprise-wide Web Applications with different geographies.
· Good knowledge of IT Support processes and SLA management.
· Good knowledge of SQL and databases.
· Scripting Knowledge, Server and DataBase monitoring.
· Object oriented development experience in Java and/or Python.
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services.
· Experience with agile software development practices such as scrum or Kanban.
· Excellent written and oral English communication skills to successfully engage with customers and colleagues.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
· Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Alexa, the voice service that powers Echo and other devices, provides capabilities, or skills, that enable customers to interact with devices in a more intuitive way using voice. Examples of these skills include the ability to play music, answer general questions, set an alarm or timer and more. Alexa is built in the cloud, so it is always getting smarter. The more customers use Alexa, the more she adapts to speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences.