Please apply online via the following link if you're interested in being considered for this role: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/629207/web-development-engineer-alexa-data-services.
Alexa is always getting smarter. Join the team that trains her.
Love working with data? We have the team for you! The Alexa Data Services (ADS) organization provides data creation, curation, and analytics services to help develop, test, and train the Alexa AI. We work closely with internal customers like Machine Learning Science modeling teams, providing the critical data they need to improve Alexa’s Automatic Speech Recognition and Natural Language Understanding models and domain features.
The Web Deveoper - ADS Technology is accountable for the building software systems for ADS. They should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. They will be expected to balance detailed execution with speed and possess solid collaborative skills. They will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. They should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define solutions. Cross-team coordination, understanding of Agile/Scrum and Creating reliable, scalable, and experience creating high performance products. This position also requires exceptional technical expertise, a great understanding of the Computer Science fundamentals, and experience building large-scale systems.
The successful candidate will be a recognized role model for their technical abilities.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Develop and maintain of key features of the system.
· Work with team members to devise design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against tight schedules.
· You will apply knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, and design techniques and approaches to design an integrated solution to address business requirements.
· You will interface with other engineers on the team for peer reviews and with a diverse set of customers (Program Managers, business stakeholders etc.) on understanding business objectives, gathering requirements and delivering solutions.
· Promote industry standard best practices.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 2+ years of experience developing web-based user interfaces
· Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, JSON
· Experience in best coding practices including peer code reviews and unit testing.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
· Experience translating design mockups, prototypes and user stories into working applications
· Experience with SQL and databases
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Alexa, the voice service that powers Echo and other devices, provides capabilities, or skills, that enable customers to interact with devices in a more intuitive way using voice. Examples of these skills include the ability to play music, answer general questions, set an alarm or timer and more. Alexa is built in the cloud, so it is always getting smarter. The more customers use Alexa, the more she adapts to speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences.